stevemead08

SSA's Evil SS Camaro. 4 Evil 15s and 2 DC 7.5ks

Heading up 4 hours to dallas to pick up my big batteries from RAM and hopefully pick up a new gas tank

did I just see mechanic work in flip flops ??

I do it all the time :D

Haha, Ramrod works in Crocs and i wear flip flops when we work on cars. whats wrong with that? haha

That sucks about the gas tank. enjoy your car ride to get the new one. quality time with the family right?

did I just see mechanic work in flip flops ??

I do it all the time :D

Yea, just making sure that I wasn't the only one that did this ... :drink40:

wheres the build log for that mark

that was 10 years ago lol. Don't think there is one. If there was it would be on ca.com.

leaving to get the tank now.

well i got a little more done today. I seemed to have kinda hit wall (no pun intended) on how to make all the angles match up right. i had boy wonder (CcnncC) come over to help me out.

We built the front 2x4 frame that the front baffles will attach to and fit the batteries in also. Not huge progress but I have a better plan now atleast. heres a few pics.

IMAG0486.jpgIMAG0485.jpgIMAG0488.jpgIMAG0493.jpg

Here is where i was having problems visualizing how to make this come together. should get it finished tomorrow

IMAG0497.jpgIMAG0498.jpg

i picked up two 145Ah powerware batteries from RAM designs to add to the couple batteries i already had.

In the back now i have 2 rebadged group 34 dekas, 1 group 31 deka and the 2 powerwares. thats about 500Ah of reserve for now. i have room for more in the future if needed.

Once i make all the trim panels fit right and make a few new ones it will all kinda blend. im not sure what marerial im wrapping everything in. maybe black suede.

IMAG0491.jpgIMAG0492.jpgIMAG0500.jpg

A few of the factory panels trimmed and placed just to see how its gonna lay out.

IMAG0502.jpgIMAG0503.jpgIMAG0501.jpg.

Well thats it for today. maybe more tomorrow.

leaving to get the tank now.

Now thats a good Homeboy. Thanks dude!!

+1 for bigjon

Progress :D

A lot of times I see the bottom areas like near fenderwells (curved) fiberglassed, then glassed all the way to the wood for sealing.

A lot of times I see the bottom areas like near fenderwells (curved) fiberglassed, then glassed all the way to the wood for sealing.

Im gonna glass all the corners to ensure a proper seal but im trying to stay away from glassing too much inside the box. i want it as smooth as possible.

Im gonna glass all the corners to ensure a proper seal but im trying to stay away from glassing too much inside the box. i want it as smooth as possible.

I'm not sure what could be any smoother then fiberglass. :peepwall:

I'm not sure what could be any smoother then fiberglass. :peepwall:

resin is smooth. mat is not.

Lookin good. I like that stealth battery bank. Im thinking about a 4 15 wall for my blazer... Good luck with those corners bro.

thanks bro. just need to tackle it 1 piece at a time.

Man that guy is handy, most of my friends are big and lazy.

Looking good!! Any estimate on the extra weight that has been added from all the wood?

the wood not so much. the 450 lbs in batteries has made the back squat i little

well thats me^^^^ 6'2" 305 lbs. You can see im a big guy so having a "funsize" asian around helps quite a bit.

Yay for small asians! Build is looking good!

well thats me^^^^ 6'2" 305 lbs. You can see im a big guy so having a "funsize" asian around helps quite a bit.

LMAO.

Build is looking sweet Bro.

steve, in some of the corners, duraglass might help you contour them tricky spots.....

i intend to do similar....

wish my little helpers would come around more often! lol

I want them birch. i want to be able to remove this easy enough if needed. it as a SS camaro after all. if i ever had to sell it i dont want to be chipping fiberglass off my inner body panels.

So whatcha payin the help :peepwall: LOL! Looks like your moving right along bro :popcorn: