stevemead08

SSA's Evil SS Camaro. 4 Evil 15s and 2 DC 7.5ks

got the amps in and went to do a test run but the ipod was dead!!!!!

did a 55.x with a song on the radio. need to tune this maxxlink and charge the ipod. ill test more later and try to get the alternators in.

:peepwall:

someone needs to update his sig!

Done.

All I can say is that BigJon nailed this one on the head. Awesome work Steve.

All I can say is that BigJon nailed this one on the head. Awesome work Steve.

Jonny Jonny Jonny Jonny, can't you see, sometimes your word's just hypnotize me, and I just love your flashy ways, guess that's they broke and you're so payed.

No pressure Steve! I hope you exceed your expectations!

nothing to speak of as yet. 157.9. i think my maxxlink is causing me problems. cant seem to get the amps to make power. im gonna just hook each sub to each amp on its own and see if that gains me anything. if not ill have 2 new dc5ks for sale!

Ive never used the maxx link before, it dosent seem complicated.. just not working right

i enlisted the help of my buddy eric "big guns" to help get all this wired up. i didnt gain anything the the 2 extra 5ks and maxxlink so i scrapped it and strapped 2 pairs at .5 so each amp is seeing .25 and no help fome the maxx link. i have a show tomorrow and have no idea what to expect. i just finished rewiring it and ive about 3 stiff drinks in so i cant take it to my spot to test it. well see tomorrow...

IMAG1212.jpgIMAG1209.jpg

2 pairs strapped at .5

IMAG1219.jpg

With no thanks to me!! lol

Good luck man!

0.25 on music ?

think you'd better get 4 more amps (or 8 3.5ks) or change coil config , I'd be scared to run that low impedance

good luck , I'd be really cool if the amps hold up .!

wouldnt it theoretically be the same thing running 4 at 1 ohm as it would be with 2 at .5 ohm? Or am I just not thinking of that right.

wouldnt it theoretically be the same thing running 4 at 1 ohm as it would be with 2 at .5 ohm? Or am I just not thinking of that right.

Four amps one per sub at 1 ohm is 1 ohm per amp. Two amps strapped at .5 per two subs is .25 per amp. This is what I'm thinking at least. I could be wrong though.

hmm yeah....but essentially wouldn't it all equal out?

IF I am understanding correctly .25 per amp vs 1 per amp should be a major difference in power.

maybe im just confusing myself since its late

No worries man, I could also be mistaken as it is late and I am intoxicated. Hopefully someone will chime in at some point with a better answer.

They are in fact strapped at .5 ( thanks bassaholic for helping me understand it also.)

Each amp is seeing .25, and ill be playing music on it.

Got a 159.0 at .25 each. I can't get much volume before it goes into protect. Prolly time to recone to D1s and strap at 1ohm per pair.

Got a 159.0 at .25 each. I can't get much volume before it goes into protect. Prolly time to recone to D1s and strap at 1ohm per pair.

That low, you have to SLOWLY roll into the burp with some amps.

All depends on Impedance rise, voltage drop, and current availability. There are some more things that come into effect but I'll go into that later.

I can't roll any slower. Lol

159. so close.... i still dont understand why they arent making power at 1 ohm each amp..... WTF!!!

not familiar with impedance rise ?

i think he was unsure how much box rise he was getting ,

somthing seem to be a miss

i am still having issues but went to a show for demos anyway to represent. even not at full power its still very impressive. I did a pretty cool 4 bottle, bottle trick bbut my video missed a lot of it.

i didnt burp it but i did a 155.6 streetbeat run and took 1st.

IMAG1220.jpg

another 1st place for team SSA.

IMAG1221.jpg