stevemead08

SSA's Evil SS Camaro. 4 Evil 15s and 2 DC 7.5ks

i think he was unsure how much box rise he was getting ,

somthing seem to be a miss

box is on the small side and there is a good size port not tuned real low so that doesnt help alot .there shouldnt be much rise

I'm not getting real good numbers at 1 ohm so that makes me think my rise is high. I can't keep them our of protect at .25 so that makes me think my rise is real low. I guess I need to figure it out.

I did a 158.7in 2 5ks @.5 each. Best is 157.9 in 4 5ks at 1ohm each. Something is not making sense.

Your probably pulling WAY more current the the electrical can dream of supplying. So the amp protect when they don't get what they need.

Clamp them, that's the only way to know.

And think about it, with two @.5, say you have 3x rise.. So starting @.5 would go to 1.5ohm. Still kinda low.

But starting the amps at 1ohm, they go to 3ohm. Not much power at all......

Edited by bassahaulic

I've seen guys here locally with more amp and less electrical burping at .25 every show. Who knows. My voltage drop at .25 is very small, that's why I think there is an additional issue here. My plan now is to go back to the beginning. 2 amps strapped @ 1ohm. If I can duplicate my old numbers then ill introduce the maxxlink back into the picture. Tune and Fo for numbers. Then when I'm happy ill add the two new amps back and see what happens.

In the end I feel I just need to recone to D1s. It just sucks cutting unto a perfectly good speaker.

Back down to 2 amps at .5 each and did a 58.2. I'm gonna call that a win since I demoed real hard yesterday and didn't put it on the charger. Now that I know its not something old causing problems in the new set up.

Try wiring one amp to one sub-woofer no strapping or anything. Just gain match them and see what happens.

Do not use that Maxx-Link. Throw it away.

Try wiring one amp to one sub-woofer no strapping or anything. Just gain match them and see what happens.

Do not use that Maxx-Link. Throw it away.

I'm working on it. The way they are stacked its hard to move speaker wires around.

I dont think its strange ,

I clamped my 5K amp to aprox 2.8K at 2.15 ohms @ full tilt and 6.2K at 1.07ohm after rise on burps , so at 1ohm I got 600watts more than double the power ... less efficient that may be .

so if your amp is somewhat similar you could've lost more than 1Kw going from 2 to 4 amps ...

I say recone them +I bet there is still some left in that box of yours

when you strapped back to 10K ... did you use the old amps or the new ones?.........

New ones

I put in my second amp and for some reason if i change the phase setting i can hear a decrease in output... maybe try messing with the phase and see what happens?

Big congrats on another win Steve!!!

Thanks buddy.

Bassmaster is probably right about the losing power on 4 amps. I'm just waiting for money now to get my recones ordered...

I'll continue to play with just the 2 5ks for now.

thought you'd have a deal with SSA ,seeing all the extra publicity you've got them

thought you'd have a deal with SSA ,seeing all the extra publicity you've got them

What does that mean? Steve is on TeamSSA, and we support our team. We do not sponsor anyone, period.

didnt know , thought you might !

nothing in this build has come free. I work very hard to build this car. I don't expect any freebees... All though it would be sweet Haha.

remember the old monster garages... they would have like a 5000$ budget.. and some times they would get 45K in "freebies" assholes.

Steve, there you go. You just need a TV show and Jesse James.

steve didn't say anything wrong.....

jesse is local to me now.... i should go talk to him i need more high profile friends :P

Should have my dual alt set up finally done and external regulater wired up today.

I have the new alt mounted under the car and the regulater mounted. I am in the process of converting my big 350a beast to externally regulated so I can adjust both alts with one knob.

Steve you sure are audio crazy! I love following your build because you never know what is next!

Great work and the weight of the universe hangs in the balance of you hitting 160! No pressure bud. :)

It's weird seeing people gain with less power :trippy: Testing every variable is worth it, obviously! Keep up the winning, Steve!