stevemead08

SSA's Evil SS Camaro. 4 Evil 15s and 2 DC 7.5ks

Found the problem. Pinched field wire on the big alt. Grounded out. Not sure if the alt is still good or not.

Damn bro... Such a tight space in that engine. I hope you get it figured out big bro

field wire would have been inside the case right.. so a over look while you were takin the internal regulator out?

Field wire runs from alt to ext regulator. Must have pinched it today when I was tightening the belt

sucks bro. hope the alt is still good,

get those new batteries in yet?

Nope barely got home. Maybe next week. Doubt ill have my recones by heatwave so I'm not a huge hurry

I think I got the alternators worked out. I'll take out and test in the morning.

I think I got the alternators worked out. I'll take out and test in the morning.

Awesome! Hopefully there are no more surprises. :fing34:

Steve you are like a mad scientist!

Steve you are like a mad scientist!

Haha your crazy

Awesome! Hopefully there are no more surprises. :fing34:

this much gear in this little ass car. There is always surprises. Should have done a suv...

Awesome! Hopefully there are no more surprises. fing34.gif

Should have done a suv...

FUCK NO. then it would not have been the steve i knows build.

Well it seams as though the Camaro might not last much longer with all the weight on the back. Rear quarter panels are pulling away from the front half if the car. Saw it coming a while ago, just thought it would last longer. Might need to hurry to get this 160 so I can build something the right way.

Bummer guy. No sub-frame connectors? I thought you had some. : Is it too late to get some in? At least maybe the bolt in kind? I can help, I haz a big hamma. :D Just a hop, skip, jump away from a 160. Woot woot. :)

Had some but scraped everything

Ok not looking good to get my recones before the show this weekend so I went ahead and pulled 2 amps to keep me in the lower class. Going out of town again in the morning so not much tuning and tweaking before Saturday.

Well heatwave was a bust. I metered a 58.9 last night, then at the show today I only did a 56.3 in mod, 54.4 in sb4 and 63.9 portwars. All three scores seem about 2 Db or so off.

Damn.. Figure out why yet? Or just a fluke.. I guess you cant put up your best numbers everytime.

I don't know whats wrong. I know the 95 degrees and demoing it tough. But still.

And this us still on just 10k

who did the show?

some mics just suck!... heat was a factor for sure today, and demoing always kills it.. but thats where the fun is to me!

good job either way.. were you the leader in your classes when you left today?

Shane did the show. He's the same as all the heatwave shows. With charging strong at 15.5 demos didn't hurt as bad as before but all the equipment was hot as shit. After my runs i did a balls out demo of bass Ballin to see how hot the subs got before failure.... No failure. Huh must be good subs. Figured id let em have it since recones are on the way.

Reguardless Steve, you did an awesome job!

thanks bud! Hopefully big things to come

thanks bud! Hopefully big things to come

The way you go after things, I would expect nothing less. I am sure you will get the 160 you are after.

You know what's funny.... The goal was never 160 until just recently. This build really spiraled out of controlled. Was never built to take this amount of pressure.