imsolost7886

Wall Build for 2004 VW Jetta

This will be my first wall build, I've been doing a lot of reading and looking at build logs. I should start by saying the plan is 2-3 (if I can fit 3) RE XXX 15's, on either a DC Audio 12k or Stetsom 14K. I think I'm going to go with Baltic Birch for weight and strength, I am seeing guys using 2 by 4 bracing, also seeing them use it for the back of the wall outside, what is the purpose? is it needed? what other ways would you strengthen the wall or face? the subs weigh 76lbs a piece. I was thinking 3-4 layer front face, double layer everywhere else, fully resin the box. How much bracing would you recommend? If you have pics or anything else you might recommend I'm open to all options, this is going to be very expensive and I'd really like to not have to tear it apart and redo it cause i f'd something up that could've been avoided. Thanks to any and all. Also feel free to input on which amp/why you'd go with for power. I'll have plenty to back either up, DC 320 amp alt, and thinking 6 XS power d3100's, 4-6 runs of knu 1/0. Also will need plugs made for the amp to accept more 1/0 inputs, does anyone do them or know where i might get them made? im sure im forgetting something, so any recommendations welcome, thanks for any help or input. MIKE

BTW, goal of system is 150+ @ right around 30hz and of course, hair tricks!

Have also been doing some reading on FG door panel builds, any extra info that could be provided would be awesome! I'm trying not to clutter the forum up with a bunch of topics and questions, so I've been reading for a few hours. But pics would be great. Also recommendations on drivers and number of to try and keep up with this setup. thanks again to all. Build log will come once I get some more stuff together, that and I'm an over the road truck driver gone for a couple weeks at a time and home for only a couple days, so it's going to take awhile to get this done, but it'll be worth while when I get finished and my head goes :suicide-santa:

New or old XXX's? I'm assuming new with that kind of power, because that'd be way too much for the old xbl^2 ones.

Edited by RAM_Designs

yes, sorry for not specifying, the new xxx's....also expecting to have some box rise, hence the overkill on power, i can make up for whatever rise i have with :morepower1: any help again is appreciated.

yes, sorry for not specifying, the new xxx's....also expecting to have some box rise, hence the overkill on power, i can make up for whatever rise i have with :morepower1: any help again is appreciated.

id start right with upgrading the shocks and coils first.