Robert_J

Recone of an old Destijl Sub

Do you guys offer recones of any older Destijl subs? This one in particular is a Blueprint 1001. It doesn't have to be exact but I would like it back in working condition.

Don't remember which one that was exactly, got a picture?

I feel certain we can recone it though.

It was a popular brand around 2002/03 and probably one of the reasons Scott is bringing the name back. The 01 series was XBL^2 enabled with an xmax around 15.5mm. Very similar in appearance to Beyond Compare and the SVS NSD and ISD drivers.

DSC01139.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

Yeah, just couldn't remember what motor the 01 was..it's been a loooooooooooong time since i've messed with one of them.

We might have one of those old coils floating around up top, what kind of impedance are you looking for?

Yeah, just couldn't remember what motor the 01 was..it's been a loooooooooooong time since i've messed with one of them.

We might have one of those old coils floating around up top, what kind of impedance are you looking for?

This is the driver I bought from PSI while he was still in LV.

I'm looking for 4 ohms but beggars can't be choosy. Even if you have the XBL^2 coil, I'll take it. I can piece the rest together as best as possible.

Not a problem doing a recone for it then..I'm sure we've got the right coil for it and everything. I saw some a few months ago when i was up top in one of the storage areas.

Not a problem doing a recone for it then..I'm sure we've got the right coil for it and everything. I saw some a few months ago when i was up top in one of the storage areas.

I'd like it as close as possible to original but I understand this driver is almost 10 years old. The spider is reddish in color and feels extremely soft. The ridges are all the same so I don't think it is progressive. It's also on the 2nd landing so I assume it's a 7.5". While looking if you find any other matching parts, it would be very helpful.

Thanks a bunch. No more 20hz test tones even if it is only 250w.

I saw some a few months ago when i was up top in one of the storage areas.

I hope you go into the storage area more than once every few months.

No reason to move those coils where they are :) We don't use xbl^2 any longer so those coils are at the bottom of the stack of coils in the very back of one of the warehouses..

Shoot me your zip code and I can figure out what shipping will be for you.

No reason to move those coils where they are :) We don't use xbl^2 any longer so those coils are at the bottom of the stack of coils in the very back of one of the warehouses..

Shoot me your zip code and I can figure out what shipping will be for you.

I'd like a few (3) so I can have backups. If you find the original cones or spiders, that would help. If not, I can get close from some other guys.

Found coils. No original cones or spiders though. Those cones are long gone. Spiders have been replaced by a different unit. Total for 3 would be $181 shipped.

Found coils. No original cones or spiders though. Those cones are long gone. Spiders have been replaced by a different unit. Total for 3 would be $181 shipped.

WOW!!!! How about 1 coil? How would I pay?

You seemed surprised. How much did you think a recone kit was going to cost? $20 each?

lol 20$ psshhhh....

You seemed surprised. How much did you think a recone kit was going to cost? $20 each?

Thanks ford302redneck but that's not a recone kit price. That's the price for 3 coils shipped. I've purchased four custom 18" recone kits from Fi in the past and I'm well aware that I have to pay for quality.

Back to the coil, assuming $15 for shipping, that would be about $55 each for a 2", underhung coil. In my opinion, that is a lot to pay to repair a sub that I only paid $85 for. On the other hand, Fi is the ONLY supplier of this coil so they can charge what they want. I'll still get a coil but instead of buying extras, I'll only pick up the one I need and be much more careful with test tones next time. Basic economics at work.

Thanks ford302redneck but that's not a recone kit price. That's the price for 3 coils shipped. I've purchased four custom 18" recone kits from Fi in the past and I'm well aware that I have to pay for quality.

Back to the coil, assuming $15 for shipping, that would be about $55 each for a 2", underhung coil. In my opinion, that is a lot to pay to repair a sub that I only paid $85 for. On the other hand, Fi is the ONLY supplier of this coil so they can charge what they want. I'll still get a coil but instead of buying extras, I'll only pick up the one I need and be much more careful with test tones next time. Basic economics at work.

uhh..that's for the whole recone man, we don't sell loose parts.

uhh..that's for the whole recone man, we don't sell loose parts.

I didn't know you guys would throw something together for me since this was a rare sub. Price for 1?

My apologies to ford302rednecik.

65 to your door!

(scott built those subs years ago by the way, we just don't have the old cone bodies or spiders now, but we have stuff that will work fine)

65 to your door!

(scott built those subs years ago by the way, we just don't have the old cone bodies or spiders now, but we have stuff that will work fine)

I'm familiar with his subs going back to FRC Soundworks. I understand about not having the older parts, you only have so much warehouse space. It's been so long since I ordered anything from Fi that I forgot you guys didn't do loose parts like PSI. I usually catch him when he comes to town and have him drop parts at my house. Has your paypal address changed from about 6 years ago?

You should have had that a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

I'm assuming you do not have it?

Damn UPS. lol

The tracking number that you sent doesn't even show that it was picked up.

The tracking number that you sent doesn't even show that it was picked up.

The tracking number was sent from UPS to the email address you gave Fi.