ssh

The V40 Rebuild, Front Stage Only. Update: Rear cargo area.

Sweet Edouble, what shops locally would carry this sort of stuff? Like Joanns?

Walmart :fing34:

Fuck Walmart.

I'll call Micheals or Joannes, or order online. :P

But thanks for the tip. :drink40:

I always make things harder then they need to be...

lcd.jpg

:D

:drink40:

I see the beginnings of some glass in that kick...

That made me LOL!

Not wasting any time, are ya'? Getting right to work, keep it up! :detail:

That made me LOL!

Not wasting any time, are ya'? Getting right to work, keep it up! :detail:

I mounted the ms8 and Eclipse amp yesterday, just a simple little case for now. Still deciding what I want to do final.

Speakers should show up later today, but my wiring won't show up until Monday. :suicide-santa:

Woo! Amp looks like it has some crazy Xover features! :morepower1:

Woo! Amp looks like it has some crazy Xover features! :morepower1:

That I wont be using Haha.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

I tried making each side near identical, then when I put them under the dash they would rub and be way too close to the pedals, so I ended up deleting some of the edges.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

Have to fill in the lower left section, fill in the dimples, and do a bunch more sanding. I'm thinking about painting them the OEM color of my car to match (dark purple).

Passenger side:

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Looks as though you have been moving right along, keep it up!!

Those are some sweet ass lookin mids! Why did you choose tweets on bottom? mounting depth?

Looks as though you have been moving right along, keep it up!!

That's the plan!

Those are some sweet ass lookin mids! Why did you choose tweets on bottom? mounting depth?

If I placed the tweets on top, they would partially fire into the dash (which is more of a problem then having the mids fire into the dash).

looking darn good man. those are some beefy looking mids. impressed by the jbl ms8 mounting

those are some big ass kicks, looking good!

those are some big ass kicks, looking good!

Kicks Ass Big!

Thanks everyone. I'm certainly no fiberglass pro, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. :)

I'm going to install the drivers today when my wiring shows up, do some testing for a day or two.

Then pull the kicks back out, sand, rage gold, sand, paint OEM volvo dark purple, then reinstall.

May also cut open the back end when I pull them back out, see how that sounds...

Sounds like you have some fun ahead of you today and this week, gotta love going active :ghost:

It's lookin' great so far!

So how's the stage and imaging so far? I know you still have a lot of tuning and tweaking to do, just wondering if everything is coming along as you had hoped for in the SQ department.

Your work looks amazing Stefan. It's going to sound amazing once you get it all dialed in :)

It's lookin' great so far!So how's the stage and imaging so far? I know you still have a lot of tuning and tweaking to do, just wondering if everything is coming along as you had hoped for in the SQ department.

Initially, it was terrible, but that's given when going to active, I hear.

I've sat in the car listening to music and tweaking for probably 8 hours so far, I've gotten it to where I was very very content with the sound, especially the midbass packing a punch.

Then I started playing "Death Whispered a Lullaby" by Opeth, at 0:38-00:41 I can hear a subtle but very displeasing sound. Sounds almost like crunching paper. I can hear it in a couple other spots in the song.

So currently I'm listening to see if it's in any other songs or if it's just the recorded material.

I'll post an update later if I've found anything.

Your work looks amazing Stefan. It's going to sound amazing once you get it all dialed in :)

Thanks, I'm sorta dreading pulling them back out and finishing, I'm like "Oh but I have sound now, why touch it..." lol.

Although I might try opening up the back of the pods, that would be some sort of motivation for pulling them out and finishing.

Now that you had this installed for a couple weeks, how does it sound? Good imaging and is the soundstage high?

Was the displeasing sound the tweeter?

Now that you had this installed for a couple weeks, how does it sound? Good imaging and is the soundstage high?

Was the displeasing sound the tweeter?

Sorry for not keeping track of my own thread. :P

It was the crossover points. I've fiddled with some test tracks from a focal cd, testing out the imaging and stage depth. The imaging is good, no issues, stage height is up good. The depth is pretty wild too (although I only really notice it on well recorded / test tracks).

Sounds like there are several instruments being played 20 feet in front of me, drums in the center, one instrument to the left back a few feet, another to the right, a singer in the center. So the stage depth is sweet.

The midbass is good on some material, lacking on others. Also big difference if the vehicle is moving or parked. When I can afford it I'm going to order more sound deadener and that will help immensely.

Badass Stefan. I am glad to hear that you like your new setup.

wow i could never get into your car with those kicks!, the shoes i have on right now are a size 18.

i get too scared to go tweeking around with my settings too much fear that i may some how never get it back decent.

the second skin LLP helped me with road noise and sealing up the doors.

looking good brother!