Sign in to follow this  
malachi

Malachi - 08 silverado from Louisiana

hey guys,

stoping in to post up. new to the forum, and have found a lot of NEW things.

anyway, a little about me, i drive an 08 crew cab silverado, with a stock deck and stock door speakers. i do have sound deadening in the doors and back wall (that i think i over paid for and it really doesnt do sh!t)

i also have two rockford 8's (P2D48's) in a sealed box under my 40% flip up seat. it fits perfect, nice and tight. the box is only just under .6 Cubic ft. and im getting roughly 115 bd with my Radio shack DB meter. im using a punch 500.s amp. i also have a "signal booster" inline with the "high-level to RCA" devise, and with that, i have to have my gain all the way down, my bass boost (on the amp) all the way down, and my (stock radio) low EQ all the way down.

i have a question, i could probly get up to 1 full ft^3 under my seat. do you guys know of anything that could get me over 115 db in that small of space?

pics comming soon.

thanks!

:WELCOME: to SSA!

depends on how much work you want to do and what your budget and skills are.

What are your goals? what music do you listen too?

i have the same truck and was doing 145s on music.

If it is this is Ryan I told you too get with me I can help you out, and I have a term lab so we can get a proper reading.

depends on how much work you want to do and what your budget and skills are.

What are your goals? what music do you listen too?

i have the same truck and was doing 145s on music.

yea man, iv seen your truck! thats CRAZY!!! lol

im just trying to see what others people options would be in my situation. i listen to clean music, not too much rap unless its on the radio. that why what i have does well, nice tight bass.

Where from Louisiana are you man?

down in morgan city,

If it is this is Ryan I told you too get with me I can help you out, and I have a term lab so we can get a proper reading.

Ryan, is that you? like 8 foot tall Ryan? like used to body slam people in high school, Ryan? biggest MOFO to play bassdrum #5 Ryan? shaved head, will eat your babies, drove a deisel truck, and posted on my face book, which i replied i will have to go see you, Ryan?

HAHAHAHAHA, what up man!!!!

dude, iv been out this so long. what a term lab?

LULZ. Not the same Steve Meade.

And 115db isn't hard to do..... considering that meter is jank as fuck.

Yea that sounds like me lol. Too put it in real simply a term lab is a proper spl meter

Yea that sounds like me lol. Too put it in real simply a term lab is a proper spl meter

well dude, let me know when you have some time, and ill stop by, i have jolie this weekend, and regular shit going on. but let me know, id like to show you what i gots!

LULZ. Not the same Steve Meade.

And 115db isn't hard to do..... considering that meter is jank as fuck.

wow, from BR! whats up?!

yea, iv seen his truck on here.

hey man, i do with what i got! :-D

and yea i know 115 is not hard, that just what i got. which is why i asked for opinions of what other people could/would do, considering, the space and watts. ;-)

So far there are no jobs and I am at the shop if nothing comes up I will be home for 530 today.

You wouldn't notice an output difference going from .6³ to 1³ if both are sealed.

If anything going to 1³ could hurt as it seems you have to mich power as it is.

:WELCOME:

You wouldn't notice an output difference going from .6³ to 1³ if both are sealed.

If anything going to 1³ could hurt as it seems you have to mich power as it is.

yea, thats why i was wondering about different speakers? or maybe one speaker in a ported box in that size. for my knowledge of audio (which is NOT that large now-a-days) this is the "best" i came up with.