djtomczak

SA12 VS VVX12 VS LI12

34 members have voted

1. 1. VVX, SA12,LI12,FiX

• SA12
    • VVX12
    • LI12
    • FiX12 (with bp)

To bad it takes a few bad apples to ruin a good thing going.

One reason I won't support or recommend SKAR to anyone is the undercutting!

I know Jacob has great customer service skar?

and this is why jacob should have made it a secret that he did anything for this company... but then again he prolly didnt know he would act this way.

and this is why jacob should have made it a secret that he did anything for this company... but then again he prolly didnt know he would act this way.

I would have to agree.

Pmd man

i vouch for this guy on getting your skar subs

I wouldn't vouch shit for somebody like this!

To bad it takes a few bad apples to ruin a good thing going.

One reason I won't support or recommend SKAR to anyone is the undercutting!

:+1:

and this is why jacob should have made it a secret that he did anything for this company... but then again he probably didnt know he would act this way.

I agree and I'll give Jacob the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't know exactly who he was dealing with.

OP, have you looked at Fi's X series? Add the BP power option and you should have a comparable, custom sub.

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154e72c53845987/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0045_X/product_overview.shopscript

Would you really put them up against the SA or LI? I know you run them that's why I'm asking.

I'm surprised Skar has its own forums here and SSA sells Skar subs even though most people of this forum have a very low/negative opinion of the owner and the subs. :peepwall:

Edited by Grey_Fox

Not the subs the owner.

OP, have you looked at Fi's X series? Add the BP power option and you should have a comparable, custom sub.

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154e72c53845987/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0045_X/product_overview.shopscript

Would you really put them up against the SA or LI? I know you run them that's why I'm asking.

I have the old models. With the BP option? Yeah, I would.

Coming from the SSD tech, but it's the same option so I assume it's the same.

"
BP Power: This option adds a machined aluminum compression plug to the pole which helps channel all of the air under the dustcap around the coil for better cooling. To aid with this increased airflow we also add 6 axial cooling channels in the top plate. Along with increased thermal capacity comes the addition of an extra spider and a changed spider pack. All of these features increase power handling from 200-500 Watts depending on the application. 
"

Cool I didn't even realize that they had a BP option until you said that.

I'm surprised Skar has its own forums here and SSA sales Skar subs even though most people of this forum have a very low/negative opinion of the owner and the subs. :peepwall:

I think SSA sells Skar subs not sales them. :lol2:

I'm surprised Skar has its own forums here and SSA sales Skar subs even though most people of this forum have a very low/negative opinion of the owner and the subs. :peepwall:

Haha http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/sail.html

I blame my Engrish teacher.

Angry-Child-Sand.jpg.

Angry-Child-Sand.jpg.

Bad excuse, lol.

Angry-Child-Sand.jpg.

I blame your teacher too ... :roflmao:

DunceCap_43426a.JPG

m5 and ohjay allways hate on skar who the fuck cares who the owner is they op is asking about the subs and the subs are great for the price.

And your the one always gargling kevins load. The guy has proven time and time again he's trash.

And your the one always gargling kevins load. The guy has proven time and time again he's trash.

You mean Skar has nuthuggers? :roflmao:

I have yet to have a bad experience with Kevin. I have the utmost confidence in him, I am not nutthugging what-so-ever, every single transaction I have had with him went smoothly and he responded in a timely matter. The Skar VVX-12 is a very nice woofer at a very good price, it may be made in China but many other woofers are too.

I love SSA, but it's sad to see when one experienced person hate on it all of the newer guys start hating on it without knowing the full story, regardless if it's true or not.

Anyways /rant.

I have yet to have a bad experience with Kevin. I have the utmost confidence in him, I am not nutthugging what-so-ever, every single transaction I have had with him went smoothly and he responded in a timely matter. The Skar VVX-12 is a very nice woofer at a very good price, it may be made in China but many other woofers are too.

I love SSA, but it's sad to see when one experienced person hate on it all of the newer guys start hating on it without knowing the full story, regardless if it's true or not.

Anyways /rant.

I've known of some of Kevins "games" long before this. I've also been on this forum longer than most people even though I don't have 3,000 posts.

IA has great customer service! I called them over the weekend (not realizing they were closed) and just decided I'd call back Monday, but first thing in the morning they called me! I was impressed to say the least, and I've read that their subs truly pound.

So what I'm getting is the VVXs are crap, and the dealer who PMed me is now banned? So now the VVxs are out and The FI xs are in? The Fi Xs compare the the SA12s and LI12s even though they run 400 rms?

Fi would help support your country too! I've never heard the X but Watts09 has great experience with the X's, I'd take his words of advice if you like them.