Aaron Clinton

2012 Icon testing

What size ported enclosure would be optimal for the 2012 ICON 12"?

I have not had a chance to get our final box sizes worked out yet. But, from testing with my trusty enclosure stock pile, it will be pretty close to the original Icon enclosure sizes. If anything, they will probably be a pinch smaller.

Release date?

As soon as we know for certain the date at with the foundry will be done with the steel parts, we will know for sure. :)

Hey guys, I know this is an old thread and I apologize. Are these the same ICON's that are being sold right now, or are they an even newer upgrade from these that will be available at a later date? Thanks!

These are the ones for sale right now. This is the first full update of the Icon, we have long life cycles on our drivers.

These are the ones for sale right now. This is the first full update of the Icon, we have long life cycles on our drivers.

Cool. I just ordered 1 15" for the BF sale and wasn't sure. Looking forward to my first SSA product! :neil:

Thank God, some companies, like Sundown for example, change stuff up so often it becomes annoying.

I ordered a SAZ-2000 about 2 month after they released, 3 months later I wanted another. And poof, they are discontinued. So 5 months after initial release they are gone......

This is one advantage companies like Kicker, JL, and Rockford have over "most" smaller companies. They keep the same product for 2-3 years.

I don't think I have to worry about my ZCON's changing much in the next few months, because SSA kicks ass. :)

Thank God, some companies, like Sundown for example, change stuff up so often it becomes annoying.

I ordered a SAZ-2000 about 2 month after they released, 3 months later I wanted another. And poof, they are discontinued. So 5 months after initial release they are gone......

This is one advantage companies like Kicker, JL, and Rockford have over "most" smaller companies. They keep the same product for 2-3 years.

:yaya:

It's called continued improvement and reliability on product! Every company does this "smaller" or "mainstream" so get used to it.

Sundown being a smaller company is striving to better themselves with each new and improved model they release. They offer great customer service and repairable products if service is ever needed. Sundown is more than willing to showcase new products they are devloping and improving.

I don't think I have to worry about my ZCON's changing much in the next few months, because SSA kicks ass. :)

Yeah, But Atleast Sundown Isn't Like Apple When It Comes To That Kinda Shit. I'm Scared To Buy A Fuckin' iPad 2 Now Because I Know As Soon As I Do The Next iRape Wallet Drainer Will Release. /Rant