jr711

Where is my basket??

Small tweaks to your customer service approach could make Fi the best out there. Your product may sell itself, but ensuring to customers by voice that their issues are the most important thing to your operation will establish your reputaation; If your goal is to expand your business and reputation, centered around your production to order process, you can't lose. Great job so far, go Fi!

Small tweaks to your customer service approach could make Fi the best out there. Your product may sell itself, but ensuring to customers by voice that their issues are the most important thing to your operation will establish your reputaation; If your goal is to expand your business and reputation, centered around your production to order process, you can't lose. Great job so far, go Fi!

Absolutely not, do not want a phone. I can understand wanting to talk to somebody..but it will not work for us.

This is why.

A 30 second question to reply to an email, takes 30 seconds to reply to it and it is done. A 30 second question on the phone turns into a 45 minute phone conversation.

We would have to hire 5 people to sit there and answer the phone all day long. Those 5 people would have to actually know what is going on in the audio world and how things are done for very specific reasons in order to even be viable to help (We can't hire an Ashley and Verionica and a Lindsay to answer the phone and be worth while, tried that with RE..it did not work). Which would require at least a year of training for those 5 people...(which scott or I would have to do). Resulting in either Scott or I being completely unproductive with a phone stuck to our ear on the verge of putting a bullet in our head because said new employees do not know the answer to any questions, and people would end up talking to us anyway...in turn delaying the products going out the door even more because we do it all from machining to building and anywhere in-between. If we are not left alone to do what we need to do, then things simply do not get done...which snowballs everything else and people who understand how things work here and why we do strictly email would get mad because their orders would constantly be over 15 business days (because we are spending time on the phone that adds zero benefit, and does nothing but burn time)

The phone would still ring off the hook, people would still get mad that they can't catch any body on a phone line and would be even more pissed off because there is a phone number that is not answered. If we ever do get a phone, it will simply have a message that says Please email orders for order questions, sales for sales questions, and tech for tech questions and not have the ability to leave a voice mail. In other words, if you do not understand why we do not have a phone..here is a number for you to call for you to be able to hear why we do not have a phone, email us.

Another reason..

The cost of the product is going to go up significantly to cover those 5 peoples salaries, and it is not benefiting you in any way shape or form. I would have to remove all sharp objects away from the shop because the people answering the phone would be put in straight jackets and on suicide watch from repeating themselves time and time and time again due to 99% of people unwilling to read anything at all. (You would not believe how many people miss the 72 point font flashing red letters on the website that indicates lead times, and email as soon as they get a tracking number flipping out because it does not work)

If we imported everything like everybody else does, and did not physically do anything other then re box stuff and maybe "Test" it when it came off of the container from China..sure. I'll sit there and talk on the phone all day long because I can pack 40 speakers a day myself..especially when it is simply taking them out of the box, testing them, and repacking them with a UPS label on it.

Bottom line is, we physically do all of this stuff here. Nobody else does. If you want us to compete on price (which we are highly competitive, and STILL cheaper then the stuff that everybody imports) then this is how it is.

If you want us to follow the lemming route and go order everything from China and sit back and collect 300% profit..we can do that too. That's really easy, but I would feel like a worthless boat anchor if I did not put in an honest days work and make an honest living actually doing something myself..instead of letting somebody else do all the work for me while I sit back and collect the money.

I probably will here soon, i need to re-do the sticky section..again.

:peepwall:

Lol @ remove all sharp objects from shop. You're right, if phones were off the hook, someone would go postal.

Edited by cloud77

Very well said, this is what makes you guys different than all your competitors. I totally understand the complications with the qualifications needed for someone to answer questions over phone. What I posted I said with intent merely for you to take in as an opinion of a customer halfway across the country. The email thing works out, and now I know why you guys do it. How about this, Ill move out to vegas and be your super new customer service star =). I learn quick and already know the basics. Send me an application=)

Absolutely not, do not want a phone. I can understand wanting to talk to somebody..but it will not work for us.

This is why.

A 30 second question to reply to an email, takes 30 seconds to reply to it and it is done. A 30 second question on the phone turns into a 45 minute phone conversation.

We would have to hire 5 people to sit there and answer the phone all day long. Those 5 people would have to actually know what is going on in the audio world and how things are done for very specific reasons in order to even be viable to help (We can't hire an Ashley and Verionica and a Lindsay to answer the phone and be worth while, tried that with RE..it did not work). Which would require at least a year of training for those 5 people...(which scott or I would have to do). Resulting in either Scott or I being completely unproductive with a phone stuck to our ear on the verge of putting a bullet in our head because said new employees do not know the answer to any questions, and people would end up talking to us anyway...in turn delaying the products going out the door even more because we do it all from machining to building and anywhere in-between. If we are not left alone to do what we need to do, then things simply do not get done...which snowballs everything else and people who understand how things work here and why we do strictly email would get mad because their orders would constantly be over 15 business days (because we are spending time on the phone that adds zero benefit, and does nothing but burn time)

The phone would still ring off the hook, people would still get mad that they can't catch any body on a phone line and would be even more pissed off because there is a phone number that is not answered. If we ever do get a phone, it will simply have a message that says Please email orders for order questions, sales for sales questions, and tech for tech questions and not have the ability to leave a voice mail. In other words, if you do not understand why we do not have a phone..here is a number for you to call for you to be able to hear why we do not have a phone, email us.

Another reason..

The cost of the product is going to go up significantly to cover those 5 peoples salaries, and it is not benefiting you in any way shape or form. I would have to remove all sharp objects away from the shop because the people answering the phone would be put in straight jackets and on suicide watch from repeating themselves time and time and time again due to 99% of people unwilling to read anything at all. (You would not believe how many people miss the 72 point font flashing red letters on the website that indicates lead times, and email as soon as they get a tracking number flipping out because it does not work)

If we imported everything like everybody else does, and did not physically do anything other then re box stuff and maybe "Test" it when it came off of the container from China..sure. I'll sit there and talk on the phone all day long because I can pack 40 speakers a day myself..especially when it is simply taking them out of the box, testing them, and repacking them with a UPS label on it.

Bottom line is, we physically do all of this stuff here. Nobody else does. If you want us to compete on price (which we are highly competitive, and STILL cheaper then the stuff that everybody imports) then this is how it is.

If you want us to follow the lemming route and go order everything from China and sit back and collect 300% profit..we can do that too. That's really easy, but I would feel like a worthless boat anchor if I did not put in an honest days work and make an honest living actually doing something myself..instead of letting somebody else do all the work for me while I sit back and collect the money.

enough said Nick... I got you and i hope everybody else does as well :thanx:

ive ordered 2 18" subs from Fi in the past and they have answered every question i have had by email within a day or 2...

i love fi audio and will continue to buy from you guys.... :thumbs up