TravisHardiman

Test tracks for a new sub install

I'm looking for some test tracks from all genres. I have plenty of hip hop, electronic, and a few metal tracks, but I'm open to all suggestions.

Here's the list of what I'm planning so far and what has been suggested to me:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aryg9jg9bq0CdHoxanlwcE1pdmMyYTlMOHlfQ25Nemc&hl=en_US

USACI Streetbeat disc or their outlaw SPL disc

... www.soundoff.org

Anything by bassnectar, bass mekanik, young jeezy

Kickstarts (bar9 remix) - example

^sweet song, not rap. :)

I'm loving that song man!!!

But now I wanna F somebody up!!! :ughdunno:

I'm loving that song man!!!

But now I wanna F somebody up!!! :ughdunno:

yeah i pretty much wanna f someone up after watching the video

... www.soundoff.org

Wow, ellipses and another reference to competition. Imagine that. You forgot the popcorn Randal.

So far, I am surprised and not on the answers. Obviously goal dependent which you didn't define so that explains a few things. I'd encourage you to think about listening to something that will highlight the integration with the rest of your system as a test/setup CD.

... www.soundoff.org

Wow, ellipses and another reference to competition. Imagine that. You forgot the popcorn Randal.

So far, I am surprised and not on the answers. Obviously goal dependent which you didn't define so that explains a few things. I'd encourage you to think about listening to something that will highlight the integration with the rest of your system as a test/setup CD.

Goal: pleasure. Not sure if you took a look at the list of what I had so far or not, but I was just asking for suggestions of music (preferably that has been mastered well with a full spectrum) from any genre, that would take advantage of a subwoofer.

Stuff I'd like to avoid is: bass cds, +0db sine waves, songs that have just been slowed down (or chopped & screwed, etc), and the Black Eyed Peas.

... www.soundoff.org

Goal: pleasure. Not sure if you took a look at the list of what I had so far or not, but I was just asking for suggestions of music (preferably that has been mastered well with a full spectrum) from any genre, that would take advantage of a subwoofer.

Stuff I'd like to avoid is: bass cds, +0db sine waves, songs that have just been slowed down (or chopped & screwed, etc), and the Black Eyed Peas.

Well a lot of the songs on your list are rap. Lots of rap gets loud, but personally isn't very pleasurable.

Check out some stuff from the Blue Man Group.