Hzd Skizzy

Possible New Car

Looking real hard on a 2007 Nissan Frontier NISMO Crew Cab. 4.0 V6 with 94k miles. They're asking $16,599. It's silver, only aftermarket items are the following. K&N CAI, Front Bull Bar, aftermarket exhaust, and a JVC headunit which will actually be replaced by my Pioneer AVH 3200-DVD. Rear Seats will fold up and in to make sub room and amp room.

Main question is if any of you guys have dealt with Frontiers of any kind. Just state your opinion on them. Only thing that scares me is the some what high mileage. The guy kept stressing that it "is a Nissan, you can get 350,000 out of this truck". I was like ehhhh, but you have to account for problems down the road.

That is a lot of miles for that year certainly, and Nissan does have a good name. But 100k miles is coming up and usually some parts need to be replaced, check the tires, ask about the oil, a tune up, etc, those kind of things.

What is the KBB on the car w/ all the options?

I agree about the mileage that's almost 20k miles a year, that's a bit steep. It's around 17k in excellent condition in my area code.

Eh take it to your mechanic and have them check it! :D

Make sure the check engine light comes on when you turn the key on, my friend almost bought a truck from a person who disabled that light! :suicide-santa:

Make sure the price is right for your pocketbook too $16,000 is a lot of money!

Too high a price for that high of mileage ... I'd go no higher than $12k for the truck and that would be at my highest.. I'd try for lower...

Remember, in this economy, it's a buyer's market.

this is true... Lowball the F out of him... start at 10k if you like..

Especially on trucks.

Yeah I understand all of this, but this is carmax and they are strictly no haggle. I'd definitley get it checked out and everything. KBB in my area is 17k as well. It is actually in EXCELLENT condition as well.

I've never dealt with Carmax, are you truly going to be happy with it? Make sure you spend plenty of time looking around first!

Ive spent since the end of August searching. When I find a good one, like my last one, I have this good feeling about it. High mileage is definitly scaring me though. Brother had his timing belt replaced at 120k on his Nissan Xterra. Not a cheap fix.

If they don't haggle, don't buy. There's always something else out there with a better deal.

Yeah I came back because I bought my last car at carmax and it was actually a good deal. I keep searching and searching and i dropped by and saw this one, drove it and everything and I loved it compared to all the other things I drove. Price to mileage ratio at carmax is insane though. They're always saying, oh don't worry it will last to 400,000 miles and I'm just like...Is every car in this lot a diesel?

Holy cow! Those trucks are expensive! I paid $10k for my 2004 explorer with 25,000 miles on it.

Goodluck bro :)

is listed online? i'd like to take a look :)

It was totally listed online like 30 minutes ago? Damn, maybe it's sold?! It's not online anymore. Maybe I need to reconsider anyways.

Too high a price for that high of mileage ... I'd go no higher than $12k for the truck and that would be at my highest.. I'd try for lower...

^this. I wouldnt feel comfortable shelling out ~17k for a 100k mile vehicle.

Buy a mini truck for 3k then drop 13k into the paint, frame, interior, and motor. ;)

Buy a mini truck for 3k then drop 13k into the paint, frame, interior, and motor. ;)

News flash, the 90s are over. :drink40:

Bwahahaha!

:roflmao:

Three things:

1) I wouldn't be interested in a truck with a K&N and exhaust as he probably drives like me and if on top of that it wasn't serviced very well. Yuck. Service records MAY sway me another direction but I'd want VERY detailed ones showing an OCD owner.

2) Too much money, not what you want to spend that much on

3) Carmax DOES negotiate. In their case its called a reprice, not a negotiation and they probably won't do it on the spot.

Okay... therefore mini trucks are what?..

"news flash." haha douche bag

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.