ricksi30

Biggest dude on SSA....

Pretty good man I'm starting to notice a difference. How's your progress been?

just restarted today.. i fell off in april ..:(

have you been keeping track of your weight?

Check out www.marksdailyapple.com . It pretty much goes completely against conventional wisdom in the areas of diet and cardio, but check out some of the success stories. I've been doing a lot of research on the subject of Primal and Paleo lifestyles recently and they both actually make a lot of sense. Making the transition is damn hard, though.

Edited by Dan208

I'm 6'4" 312Lbs.

No one can ever guess my weight, always 40Lbs under. Don't worry about the number itself, only worry about the way you look. I know, sounds shallow or what have you, but its true.

I'm willing to bet a very large portion of your weight is muscle from having go move the extra mass around. That's how I am. I have shrunk in pants size but went up in weight for years now. Lol

Pretty good man I'm starting to notice a difference. How's your progress been?

just restarted today.. i fell off in april ..:(

have you been keeping track of your weight?

Yeah I'm down about 20lbs. But as Bassahaulic said I could care less what the scale says right now, really just trying to get back into better shape. I'm not going to weigh myself until the end of the month but my goal is ~40 more pounds. Good luck on starting back up Jon!

I suggest you watch the documentary "Fathead". It used to be on netflix and may still be. He shows you can lose weight only eating fast food(not advised but possible). So with a healthy diet following those guidelines you should be able to shed the weight.

Edited by k1llj0y

I suggest you watch the documentary "FAthead". It used to be on netflix and may still be. He shows you can lose weight only eating fast food(not advised but possible). So with a healthy diet following those guidelines you should be able to shed the weight.

^^This. I watched it about a month ago and loved it.

You have some very good advice here man. I would tend to disagree with the recommendation for bodybuilding.com though. I see it like this, if you want to learn pretty solid information about car audio you visit SSA. If you want generic bullshit and hit an miss advice try car audio.com

The same comes from learning about fitness. Use IntenseMuscle.com to perform research and to look into what may work best for a man of your build. The people who tend to frequent IM are bodybuilders, powerlifters, and guys who comepete in strong man competitions. Numerous members have forgotten more about fitness than most of us will ever know.

Kudos for the lifestyle change, and good luck on the quitting smoking tip. You can do it bro.

J

Why would he want advice from power lifters and people that do strongman comps? Those guys can help build strength,but alot of them seem to be over weight as well,this guy needs to learn how to eat right,that's the first and most important step and don't cut your calies to 1500 a day that's probably the worst thing i have heard so for. Find your daily calorie needs and cut 500 from that to start,don't cut fats,cut the bad fats(sugars,etc..) bring your carbs down and just try to be more active,with a 500 calorie deficit you should see pounds melt off.

Thank you for your advice. I have made 0 progress so far but I have just gotten in the right mindset. Hopefully I start dropping from here on out.

Eating late isnt much of an issue. Its what you eat. Try to avoid too many starchy carbs. Start some form of exercise at least a few times a week. Shoot for eating more protein as well and trying to cook for urself.

You dont need a fully written diet, you want to start trends that will result in a sustainable lifestyle change. No point in losing all the weight to later gain it back in a year or two.

Try to follow all these, aim to add one every week or two. As doing all at once will be tough. Also, start drinking more water. Helps with everything in one way or another.

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/7habits.htm

Thats great to hear man, hopefully you will stick around again.

First off if you live in Michigan, the District of Columbia, or California they can not descriminate against you, based on your weight. Also some city's have passed laws to banning the practice. I don't know all of them, but I would check into that. Now if you have a medical condition causing you to be obese like diabetes, you would fall under the Americans with disibility's act. But if it's just poor diet, and a seditary life style, and you don't live in one of these city's, or states your stuck. 

Edited by Billy Jack

Holy shit, rock on!!!

Share.  What did you do and your motivation.  Lead!!

Serious congrats.  Not just in the act, but the attitude.  

And I myself have gained and lost hundreds of pounds over the years. I'm 6'4" 265 pounds but I have been as high as 315 and as low as 155 after a traumatic car accident. I myself wrestled, and played all 3 sports in school, and was very athletic until a few head injury's derailed my life. Whole Foods and cardio will be your best friend in your fight to shed the weight. I myself hate cardio, but it's a great way to slim down without gaining a lot of muscle mass. I myself like to use weights to workout, but I'm not trying to get smaller, just healthier and stronger.  Funny thing is when I was joining the army the very place where they measure for BMI is where I carry the most fat on my body. My recruiter even called Meps and told them I was in incredible shape, and could pass the test to get out of boot camp already, but I carried all my fat where they measured, and my bmi was 1% to much, but it didn't really show my true health. Of course they said rules are rules and I would have to get it off, so I ran with the recruiters with garbage bags taped around my stomach and neck. I would come in from a 10 mile run and the bag would be full of sweat, and hanging to my nuts. Sorry for the long response and good luck in your fight bro.

First of if you live in Michigan, the District of Columbia, or California they can not descriminate against you based on your weight. Also some city's have passed laws to banning the practice. I don't know all of them but I would check into that. Now if you have a medical condition causing you to be obese like diabetics, you would fall under the Americans with disibility's act. But if it's just poor diet and a seditary life stile and you don't live in one of these city's or states your stuck. 

27 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Holy shit, rock on!!!

Share.  What did you do and your motivation.  Lead!!

Thanks! There were a few events that kicked my ass into gear! My Doctor tried to convince me to have a weight loss surgery. I had to miss my best friends wedding in Napa because I could not get onto an airplane, and I was on probably 9 different medications including an inhaler that I had to go to the hospital to get. I am currently taking 0 pills or medications and feel better than I ever have! I walk on average 15K steps per day and am killing it! It was honestly just a do or die moment and I chose to kick ass!

3 hours ago, ricksi30 said:

Thanks! There were a few events that kicked my ass into gear! My Doctor tried to convince me to have a weight loss surgery. I had to miss my best friends wedding in Napa because I could not get onto an airplane, and I was on probably 9 different medications including an inhaler that I had to go to the hospital to get. I am currently taking 0 pills or medications and feel better than I ever have! I walk on average 15K steps per day and am killing it! It was honestly just a do or die moment and I chose to kick ass!

That inner self motivation is the best thing to achieve anything,, good shit man! 

Glad to see you are doing good there brother. Great news !!!

On January 10, 2017 at 1:25 PM, SS Teacher said:

I went from 382 to 260 in a little over a year.  The catalyst was when my wife of 20 years walked out on me and I just stopped eating, so not the best start...

I began walking, 2 miles everyday and my diet was spot on.  Lots of veggies, whole grain cereal, and no junk food.  I've had a steady girlfriend for the last 9 months so I'm up to 285 because we dine out once or twice a week and I drink beer those nights.

The big challenge will be to find a good balance of happiness, exercise, and diet.  Best of luck to you!

Excellent progress man! With the dedication you have given, and you have a good structure to build, I'd highly suggest bodybuilding. You don't have to turn into Jay Cutler, but when I body build its the best I've ever felt or looked in my life. Its awesome the more muscle you have the more fat you will burn even at rest, which means cheating on the diet here and there isn't really a problem. Build for strength not just size, strength can equal size if you want it to.