Caldwell

Sub Orientation in Trunk car

Ok, I bought a 12" Death Penalty on the last day of the sale and I am in the design process of the enclosure. My car is an 08 Infiniti G35 with factory Bose/Navi with a 10 inch factory sub in the rear deck. I will be taking the factory sub out in order to allow sound to x-fer to the passenger cabin. The majority of what I've read for trunk cars says, for best results fire sub back and port back. Would I be ok firing the sub face up into the vacant 10" hole, and firing the port back?

The dimensions I have for my sub back/port back enclosure is 15.5" H x 31.5w x 16.25 d. This comes out to a final 2.22 cuft 33.48hz with 35 sqin of port. Now, I can adjust the box height up to 17" if I were to fire the sub up, but, I would have to reduce the depth to say 15.

Also, I'm a little concerned with port area. I dont want the port area to be too small at 35sqin, but it is an avg of 15.77 per foot. I'm afraid of making the port non linear with the enclosure. But IA suggests an avg box of 2.5cuft with 35sqin of port, so according to them I would be good. I just wanted to hear the opinions of others on this. Thanks for any input guys.

P.S. The power I will be running to it is

2304 RMS @ 1ohm/14.4v

Will be adding an xs power batt in the back as well.

Rules of thumb don't work and acceptable port velocity is a bit personal.

2304 LOL

Rules of thumb don't work and acceptable port velocity is a bit personal.

2304 LOL

yeah, it was 2303.5 but I rounded up :morepower1: