Not sure if this is the right sub forum for this or not. Let me know if I need to move it.

I'm in the South Jersey area, I've got a 08 Passat. I wanted to add maybe a 1 12" or 2 10" to the factory sound system to fill out the bottom end. I had a single 10 DCON in my previous car and loved it. I did all my other installs myself, but this time I'd like to have a more professional finish. I saw the SSA HQ is not far from me (about an hour and a half).

Does the SSA HQ do installs / have a showroom that I could listen to the other subs they sell (sundown, IA, etc) to see how they all compare? If not, does SSA have any installers in this area they'd recommend?

I don't think ssa has a show room its online only,but I could be wrong.

We do not have a physical store. That is a HUGE reason why we can offer superior products for superior prices over walk in stores.

We do not have a physical store. That is a HUGE reason why we can offer superior products for superior prices over walk in stores.

:(

I figured as much. Got any ideas for someone like myself to compare your products against perhaps sundown or got any installers you could recommend?

I figured as much. Got any ideas for someone like myself to compare your products against perhaps sundown or got any installers you could recommend?

I don't have any installers off hand in the area I can suggest.

Fine, I'm just gonna go get some BOSS installed anyway. They SLAP man.... :suicide-santa:

Fine, I'm just gonna go get some BOSS installed anyway. They SLAP man.... :suicide-santa:

What? There are compromises with everything. To get superior quality, performance and value, this is how we have to do it. If we opened up a store front, prices would sky rocket. The beauty is here, you can get unbiased opinions, factual information, install tips and hints etc. and actually speak directly to an owner of the company and people who have actually owned and used the product. Where as in the store, salesmen will lie and do anything just to make the sale at the highest profit possible, and there is no way you are going to get to speak to the owner of the respective brands you are looking at, not to mention the performance per dollar is FAR worse. Dealers don't like us because we do not have arrogant mark up's.

What? There are compromises with everything. To get superior quality, performance and value, this is how we have to do it. If we opened up a store front, prices would sky rocket. The beauty is here, you can get unbiased opinions, factual information, install tips and hints etc. and actually speak directly to an owner of the company and people who have actually owned and used the product. Where as in the store, salesmen will lie and do anything just to make the sale at the highest profit possible, and there is no way you are going to get to speak to the owner of the respective brands you are looking at, not to mention the performance per dollar is FAR worse. Dealers don't like us because we do not have arrogant mark up's.

I'm just joking.Hence the suicide emoticon.

Your business model makes perfect sense. You deliver a excellent product at an excellent price-point. I was being lazy and trying to find someone to do everything. I'll just have to order from you and take to a good dealer. That was my problem because I'd trust myself over any of the dealers I've meet around me (and I don't trust myself that much). I've done a few installs myself and for friends, but I just dont have the tools or experience for the fit and finish I want for this install (i want a close to factory look).

But maybe I still will get some BOSS though, I mean its 2000Watts for only 70 dollars.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_36891_Boss-NX12D.html

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

It definitely sounds like you're looking for someone experienced to take you under their wing and show you some of the finer points of installation. I sure don't know anyone in your area either, but I'm sure once someone reads the thread who's in your area they'll let you know. It's great to hear that you're interested in learning more of the fit and finish aspect, it's left out so often today.

Also, ya might watch the sarcasm when posting online, it's not always conveyed as such, lol. :rofl2::fing34:

Good luck dude, looking forward to a build log to see how it comes out.

I've yet to find a trustworthy installer in Jersey either... The ones down in south Jersey (read Hamilton) are overpriced d1cks... I wanted a price for a sealed enclosure and was quoted $400 .. I went to one local and they called a guy they use and I got the same enclosure I wanted for $125 ... I only had to do the terminals myself which is what I requested... So I guess it's all about luck?

Denim speaks the truth. Can't go wrong with any of the supported manufacturer's on this site. Give us price and goal we will set you up with best match possible.

I've yet to find a trustworthy installer in Jersey either... The ones down in south Jersey (read Hamilton) are overpriced d1cks... I wanted a price for a sealed enclosure and was quoted $400 .. I went to one local and they called a guy they use and I got the same enclosure I wanted for $125 ... I only had to do the terminals myself which is what I requested... So I guess it's all about luck?

Thats where I'm from. Vineland/Hamilton Area. There seems to be so many fly-by-night shops. All the good recommendations I've heard from other forums are over 2 hours away (Near NY). I'd even be open paying a one man shop to do this for me.

Can I get a mod to move this to a general forum, perhaps get some more exposure?

Zippo's(East Brunswick) is where I went to get the enclosure done and they have been around FOREVER in my town... Also Hi-Fi Audio(Edison) as well ... I know they both do custom installs but I never looked into it since I was not doing anything to crazy... But I think I want to maybe do something "custom"(read nicer looking) soon, maybe on my own .. Not sure though..