hmm, boner...rise. Is this still about your car audio situation? :roflmao:

Suck My Dick

not helping yourself by reading there

I havent been on SMD since Stefan put up his spl calculator..

Trololololololololololololol

That all sounds great, except for the 0.5ohm.

0.5ohm = people who can't afford to get the "power" they want at 1ohm.

I guess it's one thing if your competing and rewiring for daily...

Just my opinion, I'm sure a bunch of others will jump in here and say "I've wired my xxx down to 0.5ohm and haven't had any issues. blah blah blah. You just need a strong electrical. blah blah blah."

Oh, so because I choose to run my amps below 1 ohm I magically can't afford power for my woofer? Odd, I have over 2x rated power on it........ :ughdunno:

Just my opinion, I'm sure a bunch of others will jump in here and say "I've wired my xxx down to 0.5ohm and haven't had any issues. blah blah blah. You just need a strong electrical. blah blah blah."

Oh, so because I choose to run my amps below 1 ohm I magically can't afford power for my woofer? Odd, I have over 2x rated power on it........ :ughdunno:

X2...

offtopic.jpg

:lol2:

It's funny you bring up "I have over twice the rated power on it" as that's completely irrelevant, but that's quite an amazing feat, I commend you for that.

My point is very simple, I don't believe in pushing equipment beyond it's limits. Sure the amp could possibly work for quite some time, but there is no arguing that the longevity of the amplifier is degraded.

If I want more power, I'll take overall reliability and buy more amplifiers, not push it to the limit.

So anyway, about my alternator... :P

Can't wait for it to come in. I'll post up a video of my voltage before and after the install. Meanwhile, I've got to decide what to do for my next setup... I'm thinkin 2 18s walled (or firing up, not sure which would be better overall), with 2 BTLs seeing about 3000 a piece. We'll see how it goes.

So anyway, about my alternator... :P

Can't wait for it to come in. I'll post up a video of my voltage before and after the install. Meanwhile, I've got to decide what to do for my next setup... I'm thinkin 2 18s walled (or firing up, not sure which would be better overall), with 2 BTLs seeing about 3000 a piece. We'll see how it goes.

Sorry about that.

Fun stuff is about to begin for ya. I'll be tuned in for more pictures and video. :D

i also ordered one, a white coated 270 amp alternator from him, he does answer all the questions you tell him, im just waiting to recieve it too

Got it in and I sit on around 14.9 when cold and 14.5-14.6 when warm. never drops into the 13s even at full tilt while idleing. Very pleased.

Updates....pics installed please??

How much was it?

Every alt is gonna be different depending on size, needs and vehicle so give Mike Singer a call or drop him an email to get a quote.