Tirefryr

THE WONDER DRIVER HAS ARRIVED!!

There are a couple of us not too far from Irvine, I am sure we could have somebody check it out..

There are a couple of us not too far from Irvine, I am sure we could have somebody check it out..

That would be sweet! I am very skeptical, but hey, opinions are indeed wanted.

Hmm...if the price was reasonable we could pick up a pair and each demo them.

I got $5 on it.

I have a feeling that's going to either be really expensive or a really cheap.

How long has that been around, Ryan?

Just found it today. It's listed in the "new products" section in the new issue of CA&E. For such a dramatic driver, the site is piss poor.

lol I was clicking all over the page to see if there were any hyperlinks. makes me even more skeptical. if you sell a good product, you generally can afford a good website.

lol I was clicking all over the page to see if there were any hyperlinks. makes me even more skeptical. if you sell a good product, you generally can afford a good website.

My sentiments as well.

No its real, they play 20Hz to 20kHz.

Of course with -110dB at 20Hz and -90dB at 20kHz. Sounds great though. They are for sale in the classifieds right next to "Used car, low miles, fully loaded, runs great, needs engine, $3300"

I just emailed them an invite to come on here to answer some questions about the speaker, I hope one of the designers can

^_^

No its real, they play 20Hz to 20kHz. 

Of course with -110dB at 20Hz and -90dB at 20kHz.  Sounds great though.  They are for sale in the classifieds right next to "Used car, low miles, fully loaded, runs great, needs engine, $3300"

:P

hmmm------seems like it can't have that much output----at least at the low end and the very high end-----low end---not enough moving mass-----at the high end---too much moving mass-----I would like TS parameters on this "new" speaker

Looks like an eltro magnetic. A friend of mine built some of those. Sounded great when they were pointed directly at you....oh yeah and they were about 3 feet by 8 feet....

I used to have a set of Maggies (Magnepan) and they were super transparent and very clear sounding. Needed a woofer to fill in the bottom end though and these were 2' x 6'. In order to get any real bass response you really need a big-azz planar.

Even the Martin-Logan's integrate a bass box with theirs.

I would love to hear the reps response to our bantering. Please prove us wrong and I will buy some!

Yeah, I saw those in the CA&E aswell. And Ryan's thoughts were exactly my own..."That is one crappy-ass site for such a potentially interesting driver".

I too am very skeptikal. But would be very interested in listening to one.