RAM_Designs

T-line for RF T0 10"

Problem is, there are a lot of missconceptions about T-lines in the car audio industry.

Exactly, and why I am curious from where it is coming from and why I wanted to start with a question. I don't blame the OP, but really don't get the misconception.

That's not really what i meant.

I'll restate for clarification.

The reading I've done would suggest that a Labyrinth and a transmission line differ due to the stuffing that stops higher frequencies from making it out of the line/port and into space.

Regardless of the line being folded or a round straight tube.

Or, is it being stated that the two are the same with different names.

I built a T-line for 1- eclipse 8808 dvc along time ago, it was large and was very good sounding.

The problem was either rarefication or rectification or something like that.

The driver cone would slowly suck in as if a vacuum was applied to port.

I had decided that this wasn't practical in a vehicle and dropped the idea.

No need to restate. A labyrinth ISN'T an enclosure but some description of what happens in a box when you fold a port OR a T-line or anything that has a maze like shape.

As stated multiple times before, a labyrinth simply refers to a port (or any other passage) that has a significantly folded shape, creating a maze like path. It isn't a type of enclosure. It's simply meaningless nomenclature that has for whatever reason became a catch phrase for a port or other passage that has a lot of bends or folds.

A true T-line is a T-line with or without stuffing. The stuffing is used to aid in obtaining a certain system response. Being a T-line has nothing to do with the stuffing itself.

O.K..

I guess I should have realized that a Labyrinth is a maze, hence folded, and I had my answer.

I guess I needed to have it spelled out.

Thanks M5 and Impious.