should i trade my eclipse cd7200 mk ii for the alpine cda 117. what do you guys think? far as sq which one is better. and i know eclipse is out of business. thanks

I wouldn't. But it depends on what your looking for.

I wouldn't either i don't think the CDA or CDE lines are quality lines right now worth buying.

I wouldn't trade an Eclipse for ANY Alpine unit.

should i trade my eclipse cd7200 mk ii for the alpine cda 117. what do you guys think? far as sq which one is better. and i know eclipse is out of business. thanks

are-you-on-drugs.jpg

The 117 is a joke, that Eclipse is sweet.

Eclipse > Alpine any day..

Single DIN has not seen a worthy unit in some time already.

Either go Double DIN and make it worth it with the extra features or look for an older single din one.

I sold my P800-PRS because I didnt even use half of the features in it.

you can find used alpine 9835 and 9855 pretty cheap. great for 2way+sub or 3way active

Single DIN has not seen a worthy unit in some time already.

Actually its the other way around. Even the cheap ones from the reputable brands are pretty stellar. In the case of the OP though he decided to use the trite phrase "SQ" which means he NEEDS all of the settings in the 7200 and the 117 won't help him. Most likely it wouldn't make a difference in his application, but we were just given a generic term to follow. It is REALLY important to be specific with features and requirements when shopping headunits, otherwise the rest is rather easy.

KEEP THE ECLIPSE!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing the other day; but my reason for change was just so I could try something different. For the money few decks can touch the eclipse.

If we are talking single din the only other deck I would change to is realistically the P90 or unrealistically the Alpine F1

Chances are ill keep the 7200 till it dies or change car. The MKII is a awesome deck and many use it for the lower classes in the IASCA runs around here.