Sign in to follow this  
MECHMAN

300+a alternator, 240+a @ IDLE!!!!!!!!

Got a Ford 4.6, 5.4 or 6.8 with the V-mount alternator? This is the unit if you like to pound in the parking lot or cruise.

#00+a @ 1700rpm

240+a @ IDLE

On the car video here-

How does this alt effect gas mileage?

Also any ballpark pricing?

Your gonna make my wallet shrink making all this awesome product for the crown vics.

Also If you want I could post this up on crownvic.net theres alot of hardcore CV enthusiasts who would probably love this.

I don't think mileage will go down a measurable amount, but I have not measured.

Cost will be determined shortly on the alternator, the idler kit will be $199 for the idlers, bracket and hardware, you supply the belt. I highly recommend it to kill belt slip! My car doesn't make the slightest chirp since installing this idler kit.

I don't think mileage will go down a measurable amount, but I have not measured.

Cost will be determined shortly on the alternator, the idler kit will be $199 for the idlers, bracket and hardware, you supply the belt. I highly recommend it to kill belt slip! My car doesn't make the slightest chirp since installing this idler kit.

Ive been thinking about it alot. When during dry weather I have no belt slip, but everytime it rains I have a good bit, Im not running stock alt though. I have an autozone 175amp peak and after I added the diodes inline with the "sensing" wire my voltage output has increased nicely, but I can tell the alts working hard and my mileage suffered. When I start rebuilding the system in this car, I will definately be investing in some mechman products for the simple fact I know for a fact they will work great on a crown vic.

Edited by CrownVic

It will work great and remember that I drive this car daily so I will always be improving.

just wish i could afforded one. im just a working man. that plays hard and demos even harder.

just wish i could afforded one. im just a working man. that plays hard and demos even harder.

Start saving, this unit is the best all around performance for this application that I have seen.

Can you do it with a 3G case?

Do you have a pic of what comes with the idler kit? I'm curious to know what's involved before taking the plunge. :P

Do you have a pic of what comes with the idler kit? I'm curious to know what's involved before taking the plunge. :P

It's in the other video in the double idler thread. The bracket comes with the idlers attached and we include the 2 bolts that you have to swap to have proper fit.

wow, what a monster!

:eek5wavey:

Saw some pics of your unit going on!

you dont have a ford!

you dont have a ford!

I have a friend who does. If he wanted one I could help him out. :ehh:

I...WANT...THIS...FOR...MY...BMW...SO...BAD

How about a 400+ amp, and ~100 at idle for a 01 F-250 with 7.3?

I feel ignored. But I guess it should answer my question. But I seen a TeamSSA member have exactly what I'm looking for, just not the right case. Well, isn't there a T mount for that case?i

U know what my plan is lol

:peepwall:

I feel ignored. But I guess it should answer my question. But I seen a TeamSSA member have exactly what I'm looking for, just not the right case. Well, isn't there a T mount for that case?i

Sorry, missed your post scanning over this thread!

Pretty sure there is a Mitsu drive end, if it's right for this I will build this unit for you.

Sorry, missed your post scanning over this thread!

Pretty sure there is a Mitsu drive end, if it's right for this I will build this unit for you.

Its cool. Lol.

How do I find out about details and pricing? I hoped giving up on idle it will drop price a little bit, because I rarely listen to music idling. And if I do, that's why I have idle rpm controller. Plus, I will have a stock alt also, which should help on idle.

There's a couple ways I can go with these units, the Mitsu can do a lot more down low or the Ford unit can do 165a @ idle a cost less to produce.

There's a couple ways I can go with these units, the Mitsu can do a lot more down low or the Ford unit can do 165a @ idle a cost less to produce.

I'm for the cost less.

Is it possible to get a PM on the different unit options, and prices?

Email me- eric@mechman.com and include your vehicle info and I will give you all of the options we build for your vehicle.