brownm3

DC Power Order Status - Mazda 220a

Figured I would start my own thread after reading through DC Powers forum. Can DC Power update me on my alt status for my 2006 Mazda 3 2.0L 220a alt? Original order was placed a month ago. I was told there was a 2 week delay then 2 weeks later I was informed that the parts were in and should be built and shipped that day or next business day, (great news). Follow up a week and a half later and i get a update that they need to follow up with the production manager again then no update for a week.

Before anyone jumps on me by saying its only been a month , I really don’t care. I can understand you have a business but my whole thing is customer service. I would like to know what’s going on with my order. You tell me the parts are in and my product is shipping the next day, then you as a company should expect to get a status request if a week has gone by and nothing. Majority of issues can be resolved with direct communication.

Edited by brownm3

Got some repairs done on my car the other day and now my alternator needs replacing. I have been riding without an aftermarket stereo system for almost a month and a half. Factory everything expect the HU. I had a volt meter install around the same time as my HU and voltage was reading 14 and high 13s. But after they worked on my car the voltage meter read 10 and low 9's.

Trying to get my car back to the repair shop bc the battery light was flickering and the car just died. Got it towed to the shop and they tell me my alt is no longer charging and needs to be replaced along with a new battery. So riding in a rental until I figure something.

DC Power if there is anything you can do to get my alt built and shipped out next week that would be great. I would also be willing to pay for a faster shipping method. When I originally ordered my alt a month ago there was no rush and I had no problem waiting the 2 weeks I was informed it would take but now the situation has changed and would prefer not to buy another alt with one already on order with you.

Edited by brownm3

Everything has been resolved. DC Power forgot to tell me and a few employees that they couldn't build my alt and they are in the process of refunding my money.

Everything has been resolved. DC Power forgot to tell me and a few employees that they couldn't build my alt and they are in the process of refunding my money.

Just to clear up the already muddy waters, we have no issue building the alternator for your car, it's the earlier Mazda's that we had problems with the PCM with that was causing issues (which are widespread and well known issues on the early version of the P-D system).. The only issue with your build was getting Mitsubishi to deliver the alternators we had on order in a timely fashion. I can't build what we don't have, and I apologize for the issue we had with your order. Rob

Glad to hear you got your money back. Hopefully you can find yourself an alternator ...

Just to clear up the already muddy waters, we have no issue building the alternator for your car, it's the earlier Mazda's that we had problems with the PCM with that was causing issues (which are widespread and well known issues on the early version of the P-D system).. The only issue with your build was getting Mitsubishi to deliver the alternators we had on order in a timely fashion. I can't build what we don't have, and I apologize for the issue we had with your order. Rob

Thank you for the delayed response Rob but where was DC when i sent emails to 3 of your company reps a week ago??

No worries. I have a couple of options that can have the alt built within a week. But since my stock alt crapped out on me a few days ago I had to use the money for my HO alt to help cover the expenses. Whats upsets me even more is that I was told over 2 weeks ago that the parts were in and my alt was being built. I finally was able to reach a DC Power rep Friday that told me, yes your parts are in but let me follow up with the production manager again. Then I send more update request, complete a ticket and finally get through on the phone earlier this week. All the time I am thinking the parts for my alt are in house and DC just hasnt built it so I rent a car while I am waiting for you to contact me and notify me when you can build and ship my alt, only to hear from the DC Power rep that "Sorry we thought we called you, you are one of the people that we have to refund". So yeah not happy that I spent hundreds of dollars on a rental car and stock alternator bc up until I called in on Monday i was informed that you had everything you needed.

Thank you for my refund, which again will cover most (not all) of my stock alt and rental car cost. I believe DC Power produces great products but your customer service needs some serious improvement. You also need to consider updating your website to prevent people from purchasing certain products from your online shop. And also updating you staff with the latest and greatest information. Let me suggest providing your staff with with a accessible list of stuff you don't have and consider keeping some kind of list that tracks the status of a customers orders vs the reps just pushing out incorrect information. So when people call in reps dont tell customers, "Yes sir your parts and in and alts will be shipped out next week" . I think that was shocks me the most. Somehow how my parts were there then they are not.

Sorry for my rant but but just paid for my stock alt and with install and parts cost me more than the DC Power alt NOT including the rental car cost. If I was notified 2 almost 3 weeks ago that my parts were not in and DC Power is actually unable to complete your order, I would have been completely ok with that and said thank you. But the fact that I had my money tied up with you for a month which I was told would only take 2 weeks at time of my initial order and bc of your delays and false information end up spending more money only to upgrade my stock alt to a stock alt is what i have an issue with. I would have found a new company, had my new alt by now and running a HO alt versus driving a crappy rental for 4 almost 5 days only to end up paying for a stock alt! :fing34:

Good luck with business DC, please improve your customer service and I wish you much success.

Edited by brownm3