brownm3

DC Power Engineering – Thoughts/Poll

16 members have voted

1. 1. My overall experience with DC Power has been:

• Great
    • Bad
    • No experience with DC Power but heard GREAT things
    • No experience with DC Power but heard BAD things

Let me start by saying this is not a bashing thread against DC Power Engineering. I actually hope this works out in DC's favor but after a reading few threads on the forum this got me thinking.

I started this thread because you always hear of the occasional bad experience with a customer and then you have those people that say nobody ever writes if they have a good experience with a customer or there customer service. There seems to be mixed reviews on DC Power Engineering, so why not let the public speak for its self.

So overall how would you rate your experience with DC Power? What would you tell a friend that asked your opinion before making a purchase?

It shouldn't matter weather or not people have heard bad things about them. They could have 1/1000 bad experiences and the only thing you would hear about is the bad one.

:peepwall:

It shouldn't matter weather or not people have heard bad things about them. They could have 1/1000 bad experiences and the only thing you would hear about is the bad one.

That is true. But the door swings both ways so in theory you will also have people that have heard great things about DC Power but never ordered from them. I have seen/ heard nothing but great reviews on their products and customer service but like I said this thread isn’t to bash. Just thought it would be nice to get the public’s view. The only way the bad would out vote the good is if it were true and I highly doubt that is the case.

That is true. But the door swings both ways so in theory you will also have people that have heard great things about DC Power but never ordered from them. I have seen/ heard nothing but great reviews on their products and customer service but like I said this thread isn’t to bash. Just thought it would be nice to get the public’s view. The only way the bad would out vote the good is if it were true and I highly doubt that is the case.

Then don't you already have their view with this statement?

One thing I would also like to put out there and not sure if many people knew about DC Power (something I just learned myself) is that they also have Govt contracts they support. And being a Contracts Administrator that supports the Government myself. These are typically very big orders and tight deadlines depending on how the contract is negotiated.

So their clientele is more extensive than most people even realize.

I know with the recent 2 year ordeal, I cant blame the guy for wanting his money back. and every company is not perfect. but yet, in my case, when its time that I upgrade my alt, dc is the only place that offers a good alt for my car. That Ive been able to find anyways.

Then don't you already have their view with this statement?

Yep but I am putting this out there for the public. I have read to many threads of the nightmare experience and people that chime in bashing DC Power and then people saying people only post bad reviews. This thread will speak for its self. I am currently waiting on my order and I am looking forward to getting my a great product.

I know with the recent 2 year ordeal, I cant blame the guy for wanting his money back. and every company is not perfect. but yet, in my case, when its time that I upgrade my alt, dc is the only place that offers a good alt for my car. That Ive been able to find anyways.

Agreed with the 2 yr issue and very true there is always going to be that bad experience with any company. And i too agree after reviewing all of my options and actually talking with DC Power regarding an alt for my specific car, this is the company that left me with the best feeling that they knew what there were doing. And not trying to take your money and give you a crap product.

Edited by brownm3

I think this is a great thread.

Just so that every member can have a clear idea of where the company stands right now.

I hope it doesnt get locked. Lets keep dramas out of this thread please.

You do realize that 90% of the people who purchase their products will never see this.

You do realize that 90% of the people who purchase their products will never see this.

Car Audio is a tiny segment for DC Power, and SSA is just a segment of CA that has an online presence. Just imagine how many people order and don't belong to forums, etc.

I think this is a great thread.

Just so that every member can have a clear idea of where the company stands right now.

I hope it doesnt get locked. Lets keep dramas out of this thread please.

Thanks for the post. Yeah as I mention this thread isnt meant to bash. People made good points about companies only getting publicity when things go wrong.

This is just a thread to get opinions, nothing more nothing less. If there are people willing to vote and share their story great, I am sure someone would benefit from it and at minimum give them a piece of mind when deciding on making such a major investment.

Car Audio is a tiny segment for DC Power, and SSA is just a segment of CA that has an online presence. Just imagine how many people order and don't belong to forums, etc.

Good to know but for those people that do come here hope that sheds a little light on things. I might start this same thread in CA. But IMO the results should still be the same (Overall DC is a great company) and I think if people actually see this they would feel a little more comfortable with DC regardless.