Out There Customs

SPL--SUNDOWN vs KICKER vs HIFONICS

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand is best for SPL

• SUNDOWN AUDIO
    • Kicker
    • Hifonics

So i was asked today about some equiptment to go into a SPL set up into a 1997 eagle talon. he was led to believe one thing while I do not agree. Please vote and say why if you dont mind. I am doing this to simply show what the big car audio world feels and knows to be best.

This is the products at hand

Sundown Audio amps and subs

Kicker L7 subs with Hifonics amps

Thanks everyone!

Jacob Fuller if you see this feel free to chime in ;)

Sundown > Kicker > Hifonics

if your on a cheap budget go with hifonics... i picked up 2 2400wrms amps for 640 bucks on ebay bnib and that shits beats hard !!

Edited by 10000wrms

You didn't do a very good job of hiding your particular bias in the post, nor in the poll.

Regardless.....Sundown, Kicker L7's and Hifonics amps have all been used successfully in SPL competition. To ask which is "best" for SPL is a rather meaningless question as it has no answer. One is not better than the other. There is no best amplifier or subwoofer for SPL. There is no best car, no best shoe, no best pen, no best condom. There is no best anything.

The closets one could hope to achieve is to which particular products will be more or less suited to any given specific scenario. Considering you didn't give nearly enough information to make an informed decision to that end, there's no possible way to know.

Though the intent of this thread was quite obviously to "prove" Sundown is "the best", so I guess trying to actually provide suggestions to help some one select a good system design layout based on their needs, constraints and budget is well outside the scope of this thread.

You left out the most important part. Install.

Threads a fail. :(

wow.

and this is why i want to do a SPL build with nothing but 6x9's

Either one would be fine and could potentially put up high spl numbers with the necessary electrical and install.

i asked exactly what i was told to ask. dont be mad at me for asking the question i was asked

If you know the answer, you should tell the person that told you to ask, your answer. It's an invalid question without ruling in the install which includes tons of variables.

Box, power, vehicle, electricle and many more.

Uncomplete questions recieve uncomplete answers.

No one seems mad, it's just they can't answer a broad question without more information.

For example, a hifonics sub can beat a sundown sub any day in the SPL lane, just as much as a sundown sub can beat a hifonics sub any day in the SPL lane. It will simply not be known until it has been tested in the install.

Edited by Hzd Skizzy

no price included as he has no price range, no power given as he does not care, no exact install given as he is waiting to choose which shop/brand going with. he wants the most durable and best for high spl application. if i build it it will be sundown as i am a dealer and it will be built intense for whatever class we go for as i know alot of tricks in the spl world (not all by any means alot thou). i did a 158.9 earlier this year with a 1 night throw together install (6 hr install from scratch) and did 2 hours testing after that comp and had up to 159.3 but tore it all out when i smoked the cheap solo xs lol

I highly doubt he is a serious SPL competitor if he isn't building his own vehicle.

well if you have the money and the skills are lacking in the spl area then you pay someone who knows what they are doing. hence why Car Audio Shops and Fabricators exist

OP how old are you?? seriously.....

i asked exactly what i was told to ask. dont be mad at me for asking the question i was asked

Its your job to filter stupid questions...and picking gear before knowing the space limitations is stupid anyways. Possibility surely exists that for his vehicle install any one of them would be loudest.

no price included as he has no price range, no power given as he does not care, no exact install given as he is waiting to choose which shop/brand going with. he wants the most durable and best for high spl application. if i build it it will be sundown as i am a dealer and it will be built intense for whatever class we go for as i know alot of tricks in the spl world (not all by any means alot thou). i did a 158.9 earlier this year with a 1 night throw together install (6 hr install from scratch) and did 2 hours testing after that comp and had up to 159.3 but tore it all out when i smoked the cheap solo xs lol

A knowledge salesperson (or representative, or business owner, whichever you may be) would have explained to the client that there is no such thing as "best", but these are the brands we carry and these are the reasons we feel they would be well suited to your particular application and needs (you would need to actually discuss their needs and constraints, rather than blanket "well we sell Sundown because they are the best and that's why you should use them." I'm going to gander a guess that is probably the extent of your sales presentation).

You shouldn't need to poll the forum to help you sell your products. Especially when you poll them with a ridiculous and generic question like "which is best?".

How can we get to page 2 without even a hint of the mighty Pups?

And if your even here asking a question like this then I doubt you did a 159.x in 6-8 hours.

This thread is fail. As is the OP.

And if your even here asking a question like this then I doubt you did a 159.x in 6-8 hours ever.

^ this and I fixed it for you.

Bro I got you. Everyone knows DC is the best for SPL, PERIOD. DC FTMFW.... :poop:

Besides the actual numbers on a termlab, it is still possible to compare subwoofer abuse handling and customer service (recones etc...) which are both important components to spl applications imo. Even though the OP didnt ask this, maybe some answers to this question can be useful for him. Which can handle more abuse for high spl purposes and which company better serves their customers needs? There is no "best" but their should be a "better" choice.

and this is why i want to do a SPL build with nothing but 6x9's

:doit:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-837

You have seen the 6x9 wall van right?

J

yes but that fucker was tuned so high! and lexan n such .. i would love to do somthing that gets pretty low, and loud. daily

BTW i voted for hifonics cause thay are the best.