Out There Customs

SPL--SUNDOWN vs KICKER vs HIFONICS

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand is best for SPL

• SUNDOWN AUDIO
    • Kicker
    • Hifonics

ok you guys, no that was not my sales presentation! he said i would like proof from others that would choose sundown over kicker and hifonics. i asked for opions and why they thought so. that is all a generalization of if people would choose which brand if they were to run spl. and yes i did do them numbers. the boxes were out of a different vehicle and i had 2 kicker warhorses running

ok you guys, no that was not my sales presentation! he said i would like proof from others that would choose sundown over kicker and hifonics. i asked for opions and why they thought so. that is all a generalization of if people would choose which brand if they were to run spl. and yes i did do them numbers. the boxes were out of a different vehicle and i had 2 kicker warhorses running

Why not just install a Kicker system if that is what he wants? In particular since you haven't discussed the box yet the whole conversation is EXTREMELY premature.

Honestly how would personal bias on the situation help at all, anyone who says Sundown of course is a Sundown fan and vice versa. So at the end of the day it doesnt really matter what we think, Im pretty sure most of this board would say Sundown considering there is no Kicker or Hifonics section on here. :ughdunno:

How can we get to page 2 without even a hint of the mighty Pups?

Because the poor boy still wants to hear!!!

Doc-Brown_5440.jpg

J

the l7's do get pretty loud, BUT they have no sq what so ewver. i had 1 2011 L7 15 branf new in a 4 CF ported box and on a kicker zx1500 and it got DAMN loud but no sq at all. if u have the money, id go with some solo x's. i have 2 of them now and they are REALLY pucking loud

the l7's do get pretty loud, BUT they have no sq what so ewver. i had 1 2011 L7 15 branf new in a 4 CF ported box and on a kicker zx1500 and it got DAMN loud but no sq at all. if u have the money, id go with some solo x's. i have 2 of them now and they are REALLY pucking loud

You apparently did not try to make them sound good, because they can.

L7's???? lol no sir they do not. thats the onl reason i got rid of mine.... it got damn loud and dirty low BUT the SQ was SHITTY big time. i have heard numerous l7 set-ups in many different vehicles and i have yet to hear on with good SQ. now the cvx, thats a different story. they have good sq and spl.

L7's???? lol no sir they do not. thats the onl reason i got rid of mine.... it got damn loud and dirty low BUT the SQ was SHITTY big time. i have heard numerous l7 set-ups in many different vehicles and i have yet to hear on with good SQ. now the cvx, thats a different story. they have good sq and spl.

They are the exact same motor...

It's in the install man. There are very few woofers that can't sound good when properly installed.

ya but the cvx is round..... do u see square sound waves??? the l7 is louder from more cone area

IMO

ya but the cvx is round..... do u see square sound waves??? the l7 is louder from more cone area

IMO

:Doh:

IMO

Do you see round ones? Do you even see any?

WTF is that? Are you seriously that confused? The ONLY, ONLY, ONLY reason they didn't sound good is that you had them in a jacked installation screwing them up. Would I pick them as my SQ driver of choice? No, but I own one and I fucking hate SPL burp systems. They can be rather musical, but regrettably not in the hands of an idiot. It is flat out assinine to say differently, but either way I wait for your description of these magical fairy round sound waves. Can't wait to hear this one, rofl.

IMO

halfbaked-boo.gif

ya but the cvx is round..... do u see square sound waves???

That had to be a joke.

No way in hell that could have been a serious statement.

ya but the cvx is round..... do u see square sound waves???

That had to be a joke.

No way in hell that could have been a serious statement.

It should have been, but then I would have expected a response...

I thought sound waves were triangles....damnit.

I thought sound waves were triangles....damnit.

Bazooka agrees bl-wb1-2xrxt214.JPG

That's awesome. Sounds like we all need some round drivers, square drivers, and triangular drivers, to cover all the bases. :attempt:

I only buy sine shaped woofers, best sq :poop:

Ouch, don't miss out on the cosine. It can be a huge benefit. Can't say I've ever owned a car where all the drivers were wired in phase.

I only buy sine shaped woofers, best sq :poop:

Ouch, don't miss out on the cosine. It can be a huge benefit. Can't say I've ever owned a car where all the drivers were wired in phase.

Enough tangents, lets get back on topic people!

lol i had to do it.. :roflmao:

Lawl

That's awesome. Sounds like we all need some round drivers, square drivers, and triangular drivers, to cover all the bases. :attempt:

~ba dung chink~

IMO

OMG!!!! I am literally laughing out loud... my GF is like WTF.. hahahahahahahahhahahaha

Well, that's what you deserve when you open your mouth and excrete diarrhea onto your keyboard.