BanginGMC

I got really bad news...

It's hard even typing all of this..

My truck was broken into at the shop that was doing work on my doors and nothing but a bunch of frayed wires, a broken box and 1 AA mid remains. The shop claims they have no insurance to cover what happened. I called my insurance and they said since I didn't take out extra claims that they can only cover the physical damage to the truck and replace the radio. I am having the insurance adjuster come to the shop where my truck is at and look at the damage, I also filed my own police report and they police will be there Monday as well. I cannot believe this has happened. I've contacted Argent Audio and BKOLFO4 for receipts to show the insurance company, just waiting to get them.

I believe it was an inside job. The thief's also stole things from other rides as well, what has me thinking it was an inside job is all of this happened when everyone was gone in Vegas for a show and the rides we're locked up (apparently not well enough..) The thief's stole 1 out of 4 Asanti rims that were just laying on the ground, they jacked a car up and stole the rear rims but not the front. Why would you steal 1 out of 4 rims? So insurance would cover 1 rims at retail price which would pay for a whole new set of rims.. What do you guys think?

This was a low rider shop, with many expensive rides. It wasn't a bullshit corner shop, so why wouldn't they have liability insurance when they have cars with dros, $10K paint jobs, fiberglass dashboards, etc etc. It just doesn't make sense.

My truck got the worse hit of them all.

1318781840772.jpg

1318781848948.jpg

1318781843760.jpg

1318781837382.jpg

1318781832581.jpg

1318781830535.jpg

1318781825764.jpg

1318781828495.jpg

1318783688762.jpg

1318783691177.jpg

1318783694612.jpg

1318783682939.jpg

After the most stressful day of my life, I go to pick up my girl from work. With my mind going a million miles an hour I wasn't in the right mind state to be driving and crashed my other truck. I got 2 tickets and traffic school isn't an option..

1318780758335.jpg

1318780764776.jpg

1318780767196.jpg

1318780761907.jpg

I swear I see your truck and I cannot believe that this happened.

Really sucks to read and see all of this. Such a beast of a truck and now is all just wires...

Best wishes to you bro! Hope you can get all of this solved.

That blows! I hate thieves!

Time to sue the shop. I don't know how they can't have insurance, most states require it for a business license.

I was just going to say.. Sueing looks like a great option right now.

You should already have receipts on hand and all serial numbers written down somewhere at the house in safe keeping.

I am going to sue them. I have receipts for most things via paypal but they have no descriptions so as you see that could cause a problem in court.

I really hope this works out in my favor..

Time to sue the shop. I don't know how they can't have insurance, most states require it for a business license.

That's what i'm saying, how are you going to own a building that works on high class cars and you don't have liability insurance???

I am going to sue them. I have receipts for most things via paypal but they have no descriptions so as you see that could cause a problem in court.

I really hope this works out in my favor..

That's what i'm saying, how are you going to own a building that works on high class cars and you don't have liability insurance???

Even if you paid by paypal you should of still received an invoice, every time you order online you will receive an invoice(receipt) with the package when it arrives. With paypal, remember to write your own description, who the product is going to and where the product is going to save your own ass.

Sorry to hear about all this, hopefully it will get sorted out soon. I never heard of a shop holding your vehicle for work, not responsible for damages or liabilities. That is what liability insurance is for unless they dont have any and if so I wouldnt of went there in the first place.

I do have the invoices, but the people who sent them didn't make a description.

If I was aware that they didn't have insurance I wouldn't even considered going there.

Monday I'm going out and getting a lawyer after I talk to the police, shop owner, and insurance adjuster.

You would think as a shop.they would g

Have to have insurance..was just the cars hit what about shop tools or their inventory??

I do have the invoices, but the people who sent them didn't make a description.

If I was aware that they didn't have insurance I wouldn't even considered going there.

Monday I'm going out and getting a lawyer after I talk to the police, shop owner, and insurance adjuster.

You could ask the businesses you ordered from and see if you can get an invoice.

Some tools and equipment that wasn't installed got stolen as well.

Julian, I did contact them (argent audio & bkolfo4) I'm waiting for them to be sent.

Damn Bro that shit sucks.

I hope you get some help. That shop is full of shit. I would bet but nuts there is insurance for the buildings contents. I would try to force their hand on that bullshit.

Damn Bro that shit sucks.

I hope you get some help. That shop is full of shit. I would bet but nuts there is insurance for the buildings contents. I would try to force their hand on that bullshit.

That's what I'm saying I refuse to believe a custom shop with high dollar builds doesn't have insurance

hahahahahahahaha EPIC FAIL! :ughdunno::dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: excited for the rebuild ZCONS FTW! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dang man, i am sorry to hear about this!! Best of luck in getting it all straightened out. If you decide to go with DD let me know man, i can get that worked out for you.

When it rains it pours.

I'm sure you will be able to get reimbursed somehow. Lawyers usually do free consults.

Im sorry to say but the laws regarding this are not on your side. The type of relationship you and the shop had is known as a Bailment agreement. This basically states they wont misuse your car, do work according to a stipulated work order which can be either verbal or signed, and a bunch of other boring things. Where the Law protects the shop is that you must prove negligence{keys left in car, door unlocked, security code not armed, etc} in order to find the shop liable for any theft. If the shop can prove that all measures were met then the burden of replacing said losses due to theft lies on you or your insurance{providing you have it.}

Edited by CTAudio

Im sorry to say but the laws regarding this are not on your side. The type of relationship you and the shop had is known as a Bailment agreement. This basically states they wont misuse your car, do work according to a stipulated work order which can be either verbal or signed, and a bunch of other boring things. Where the Law protects the shop is that you must prove negligence{keys left in car, door unlocked, security code not armed, etc} in order to find the shop liable for any theft. If the shop can prove that all measures were met then the burden of replacing said losses due to theft lies on you or your insurance{providing you have it.}

I find this rather hard to believe. A securty alarm, a door lock, and whatever else won't do shit when the vehicles are locked in a building that gets broken into.

BNG, hit me up man. I've got some DD 9512's sitting here that I'll drop the price quite a bit for ya on.

I also have some other shit.

If I can be of any help please let me know.

J

I find this rather hard to believe. A securty alarm, a door lock, and whatever else won't do shit when the vehicles are locked in a building that gets broken into.

BNG, hit me up man. I've got some DD 9512's sitting here that I'll drop the price quite a bit for ya on.

I also have some other shit.

If I can be of any help please let me know.

J

I was refering to the building where the car was kept as having its doors locked, security alarm on, etc not the car itself.

hahahahahaha someone gave me a negative on my comment.... What am I supposed to write hey man sorry that this happened my heart goes out to you and your fam...... DOM CALLED ME BEFORE THIS THREAD EXISTED! So whoever gave me the negative I LOVE IT! cause you have no clue! hahahahahahahahahahahaha BANGINGMC will go through and equal it out..... its all good! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

My heart just dropped seeing those pics. Not only was it equipment they stole out of the truck but all the work and effort you did to afford it and installing it.......

Edited by Dictator