BanginGMC

I got really bad news...

a pair of SMD's should be easy to find in your area no?

shit sucks man.. just look at the pics and how they left your truck in shambels .. whats even more shitty is you can see they had plenty of time.. to takeEVERYTHING!! good lord

a pair of SMD's should be easy to find in your area no?

now thats tough :roflmao:

Damn Meth addicts around there. Good luck D, I had my system jacked down there in '06, they got about $4k worth.

I put out an award around the town for whoever finds my shit. Theres a lot of people looking, chances are it's already in cali.

But your right jon, if you put smds in your ride you will be noticed. Company slogan? Lol

Thanks for the love everyone. I'll update after tomorrow when I talk to the owner, insurance adjuster and police

Hope all goes well. That's a lot of shit out of that truck.

Did you have signature smd's??? I mean that gives away the sub if you did who ever took!

Did you have signature smd's??? I mean that gives away the sub if you did who ever took!

Good point! Although they could swap out to

a different dustcap. That might look a little

suspicious though. I believe he had somewhere in the 60s

man im hurting for you

Im sorry to say but the laws regarding this are not on your side. The type of relationship you and the shop had is known as a Bailment agreement. This basically states they wont misuse your car, do work according to a stipulated work order which can be either verbal or signed, and a bunch of other boring things. Where the Law protects the shop is that you must prove negligence{keys left in car, door unlocked, security code not armed, etc} in order to find the shop liable for any theft. If the shop can prove that all measures were met then the burden of replacing said losses due to theft lies on you or your insurance{providing you have it.}

Unless someone put the keys in it after it was jacked, he's got the proof to prove their negligence in the pics he posted. The keys are in the ignition, so from what I saw they left the keys in it with the doors unlocked in an obviously unsecured building. If that's not negligence I don't know what would be.

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. All the hard work. :(

Wouldn't shock me to see them in a pawn shop in Tucson or down here. I'll be in Tucson this weekend (more than likely) I'll look around as I usually visit one or two every visit.

J

Good point! Although they could swap out to

a different dustcap. That might look a little

suspicious though. I believe he had somewhere in the 60s

#061 #062

this is what makes the smd's unsellable ..I'd keep an eye out on ebay ... different dustcap doenst work on these things and would be very suspicious .

just saw it , very sorry to see such a nice install been ripped apart ,hope you go with another set of SMD's (maybe 18's ?)

You would think that they would have some kind of security cameras on/in the building. Maybe even an outside camera on another building beside it so you could at least see the vehicle they used.

Edited by jj1479

dude that really blows... I'd maybe sell you my JL 500/1 if you like.... (jk)

Im sorry to say but the laws regarding this are not on your side. The type of relationship you and the shop had is known as a Bailment agreement. This basically states they wont misuse your car, do work according to a stipulated work order which can be either verbal or signed, and a bunch of other boring things. Where the Law protects the shop is that you must prove negligence{keys left in car, door unlocked, security code not armed, etc} in order to find the shop liable for any theft. If the shop can prove that all measures were met then the burden of replacing said losses due to theft lies on you or your insurance{providing you have it.}

Unless someone put the keys in it after it was jacked, he's got the proof to prove their negligence in the pics he posted. The keys are in the ignition, so from what I saw they left the keys in it with the doors unlocked in an obviously unsecured building. If that's not negligence I don't know what would be.

I am sorry if my post was confusing. When I stated the "keys left in vehicle" I was making a hypothetical situation where a theft may have occured not based on this specific incident. The other hypotheticals I made referring to unlocked doors and turning the alarm on was referring to the building were the work was being done and not the car itself.

Well guys.. I'm fucked. I can get 1200$ or possibly more if they total the truck.

Well guys.. I'm fucked. I can get 1200$ or possibly more if they total the truck.

EPIC FAIL!

Thats fuckin horrible.

Damn, that's :bull: .

Sorry to hear man. There's always a new beginning when something ends though. Look forward, not into the past!

What are your thoughts on me selling the truck and buying a dime thats already bagged with custom paint n interior

Isn't it more fun starting from scratch?

If it's your dream truck - go for it.

If it's somebody elses dream truck - let it remain theirs.

Hahah definitely not going to be zcons. I'm thinking smd or ddz

DD Z FTMFW