Tony Nelson

uber budget speaker find

Just thought I would post up a link to some aura sound buy-outs just in case people may have not seen them. The components should be decent especially considering the price. I have personally never had bad experiences with aura gear, but haven't really used alot of it either. They also have some nice priced amps too. I ordered 4x6, 6.5 coax, and 6.5 comp. Won't be able to give a review however, as they will be shipped to my brothers house in another state.

Here is the link: aura sound

Tony Nelson

Those have been floating around for a while, when these are gone I bet you won't see anymore.

I bought 7 or 8 of those amps when they were first blowing them out almost 7 years ago. They were the same price then, a bery good deal. I haven't heard anything negative about them since I installed them.

Some people should snatch up a few as back up's.

if you need a cheap set, might be worth a try. not much info out there but they should be pretty "decent" compared to anything in the price range.

they look like q power rebrands. or the other way around.

If I could cram the MR 12.4's in my front doors they'd be on the way already.

they look nice enough for the price... I like the idea of getting for my front stage.. but... I need to figure out my new HU first..

it seems they were used in some ford vehicles at least this 8ohm version was..

Looked into that part number and it says its from a 2005-2006 Ford GT. Now Is that a mustang GT or an actual GT?

Either way do you think theses are good speakers?

Looked into that part number and it says its from a 2005-2006 Ford GT. Now Is that a mustang GT or an actual GT?

they're 55 dollar speakers. how good do you want them to be? haha

it seem some ppl on other sites are picking them up but no real reviews or comparison yet. maybe in a few days some will give their impressions. or pick some up and tell us about them?

i did some more research and found this http://www.motoringinvestments.com/AC201.htm, check out the stock speakers pictured about 2/3 to 3/4 the way down the page...

looks like the aura's but under the mcintosh name? if you look at the pictures on partsexpress, the magnet has a cover over it. i think, chances are aura built these speakers for mcintosh and/or rebranded them.

it seem some ppl on other sites are picking them up but no real reviews or comparison yet. maybe in a few days some will give their impressions. or pick some up and tell us about them?

Well with the original they have on there at 140, I'd expect something good. I just want them to be able to put out some decent bass without blowing up.

i did some more research and found this http://www.motoringinvestments.com/AC201.htm, check out the stock speakers pictured about 2/3 to 3/4 the way down the page...

looks like the aura's but under the mcintosh name? if you look at the pictures on partsexpress, the magnet has a cover over it. i think, chances are aura built these speakers for mcintosh and/or rebranded them.

Well with the original they have on there at 140, I'd expect something good. I just want them to be able to put out some decent bass without blowing up.

FIXED

Edited by djtomczak

FIXED

speakers wont play bass but i know what your saying. might get loud enough for you depending where you cross them. let us know how what you think if you get them.

Yes, please do... I'm on the fence but think I'll go with the Pioneer D1720 .... $70 difference but I think I'd feel more comfortable...

I just got the Aura 4x50 amp for $99.98 shipped. Hell of a deal for a quaility small 4 channel amp.

:fing34:

my dad is picking up the 6.5 comps and the small 2 channel for his f150. previously he was running a pair of polk db 5.25 coax of a deck power. should be a nice upgrade.

i can give something of a review if anyone is interested. for comparison i use to run a set of pg rsds in my car.. however i had deadened and sealed doors.

my dad is picking up the 6.5 comps and the small 2 channel for his f150. previously he was running a pair of polk db 5.25 coax of a deck power. should be a nice upgrade.

i can give something of a review if anyone is interested. for comparison i use to run a set of pg rsds in my car.. however i had deadened and sealed doors.

pls do... :fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

yeah please type a review. I might grab a pair of components and a 2 channel amp.

should be installed by next weekend. ill get a review up as well.

Pics of amp I bought. Looks well made.Crossover freq are marked not just min-max

amp1.jpg

amp555.jpg

amp444.jpg

amp4.jpg

ohh ya McRibs :slayer: numnumnumnumnumnum

mcrib.jpg

Damn I dont know what to comment on the McRibs or the amps, both look good. I want to snag up an Aura amp soon if they arent sold out.

Does anybody have any background information on Aura, just curious about the company thats all. Product experience?

Does anybody have any background information on Aura, just curious about the company thats all. Product experience?

Been around for a long time, they got out of car audio several years ago but have continued in the OEM speaker market. Their NRT motor topology is rather famous. They are more well known in the home audio realm for their NS series of subwoofers and small diameter wide band speakers, both of which use the NRT motor. Oh, and their other well known product is the "bass shaker".

Overall a good company that makes quality products. Obviously they design to a price point though so I honestly have no idea how good the comp speakers are....they did have a set of comps that were fairly popular, the MR series I believe, not the speakers on blow out on PE. Their amps should be solid.

http://www.aurasound.com/

Guessing the blowout they are having is in regards to being bought buy a Chinese speaker monstrosity in 2010. Had some wicked designs and a heck of an engineering team before that time. Things have been "shook" up to say the least.