Sign in to follow this  
bugotti420

Tracking down the Recone

Heey you might remember me, I'm the dumbass who shorted out my coils on a new Fi SSD lmao. What was I thinkin, right?!

Anyway I ordered the DVC 1 Ohm recone for the 15" SSD, and wondering if I can get an idear of when it may be getting close to shipping.

I understand it is not of top priority and in no way am I trying to rush. We, or rather I, just like to get updates when allowed. :)

Order I-16954/00 dated 10/08/2011

I know it is still soon but any info I can get would be muchly appreciated :)

Btw for those that remember me, that coil rub I was talking about has seemed to work itself out after being wired correctly hahaha. I'm just looking for more powaah! now :D *reeeee coooonnne!*

OHHHHH I remember your dumbass.......Kidding but I wouldn't expect much for a few more weeks. I know what it's like without bass though.

Edited by ricksi30

Haha :)

Yeah figuring it wouldn't be soon but would be nice if I was suprised! I'm currently not without bass, it's just I've got used to the sub already and it's only getting at or around half power and this recone will make it see more powah! :D

I have a feeling full powered sub is gonna kick-ass and I'm starting to anticipate it hehe

Edited by Bugotti

Awesome man have you done your own recone before?

I sure have'nt. But I'm pretty confident about it, watched many vids about it. Got a 3 oz kit already in, just waiting on the cone to come in to start. I don't have the clamps to clamp on while drying, will regular wooden cloth clamps be good enough? The ones you use to clamp clothes on the hanger outside for the old school peeps? Lol. That's really my only concern with the process.

Also positive lead is always on the left side, no matter which way you turn it, correct?

Hey I'm always down for some tips though :)

Edited by Bugotti

Haha I remember that thread.

Anyways I suggest you plan out the recone process and drop the cone in dry without any glue a few times to get a feel for it.

Really it's a super easy process. Just make sure your shim fits nice and snug. Just take your time and plan things out.

Woot should be here Tuesday. In transit :)

This topic showed no love but UPS did haha. I gotta find some clamps now!

Sign in to follow this