SMpaintball78

SSA ZCON 15 questions....

i have a few questions for people who have owned this sub. i want your thoughts and opinions on this sub. id also like to know how many watts, and what box size you had it/them in. Id appreciate it much!

Thanks

you realize there is only a few folks that have bought this new sub right?

Steve makes a good point, not that many are out there yet as it is still spanking new to market.

Steve makes a good point, not that many are out there yet as it is still spanking new to market.

so in other words, its a beast of a sub?? haha

I REALLY want to get my hands on the 15!

12k on 4 in a REALLY big box. LOL

VERY musical and hits like a motherfucker. Tuned low it is pretty damn flat response for a sub like this and easy to blend with your front, tho I am sure if burping is your thing they would prolly get stupid in a smaller box tuned higher.

:wub:

12k on 4 in a REALLY big box. LOL

VERY musical and hits like a motherpucker. Tuned low it is pretty damn flat response for a sub like this and easy to blend with your front, tho I am sure if burping is your thing they would probably get stupid in a smaller box tuned higher.

:wub:

im more of a musical, no burping here lol i like my lows to be LOWW haha. but who dont lol..... i was thinking 1 15. for those who wonder about the solo x's, send me a pm and i shall explain

ahh thats too much work.. why not explain here.

Well long story short, I was curious what I could get on my local Craigslist. So I posed them 300 a piece or 550 for both. I have 2 seperate buyers for 300 for one in a box and 275 for just single sub. I Only have 350 in them so I'm going to sell BC of so much of a profit. Iv been looking into the zcon series and they look pretty mean. Plus ill have a little cash left over to go twords my amp fund

Edited by Lantz

I have my 18s temporarily wired up in a less than optimal enclosure right now (~11.75 cubes tuned to 40hz) wired to 2.8 nominal on an SAZ3500D just to try everything out and evaluate the electrical a bit. So far, with very minimal play/tune time, I am pleased with the output and definitely think these things have the potential to put up some nice numbers. I think they will be a force to be reckoned with in the MECA lanes next season. I predict SSA will be dominating in the lanes in 2012. :dancing:

You should spend some money on glasses. The ones in your avatar are ready to be replaced. It'll seriously help with the ladies.

What's that mean? My girl is extremely georgous. And my avatar is a photo. Of the main characters from trailpark boys. Now that's one funny ass show. It's in nextflix..

do u all think a orion xtr pro 2400 would be alright for the zcon 15? i hear the amp does do rated power and then some......

do u all think a orion xtr pro 2400 would be alright for the zcon 15? i hear the amp does do rated power and then some......

That is plenty of power for the zcon. Those amps are great amps also imo. Should be a great combo for you.

That is plenty of power for the zcon. Those amps are great amps also imo. Should be a great combo for you.

well that didnt work lol would i be ok to run like 2 1000 watt or 1200 watt amps? 1 amp per coil???

well that didnt work lol would i be ok to run like 2 1000 watt or 1200 watt amps? 1 amp per coil???

As long as they were gain matched / strapped and putting out exact amount of power, YES.

As long as they were gain matched / strapped and putting out exact amount of power, YES.

hmmm.

or just get one amp that is equivalent to the power of two amps, save money, and trouble.

anyone else have any thoughts on this sub??? i may order it next week so i want to get as many reviews as i can...

i have a AQ3500.1 that will be pushing it.

Edited by Lantz

anyone else have any thoughts on this sub??? i may order it next week so i want to get as many reviews as i can...

Its a good sub man. Idk why you are insisting on getting more peoples opinion on it when its a new model. In the end it will come down to install anyway.

It is not a small purchase, so I can understand people wanting to feel very comfortable before they buy something of this level. Really the question is not if the Zcon is a great sub or not, it is more so is it the right one for you Lantz. :)

Its a good sub man. Idk why you are insisting on getting more peoples opinion on it when its a new model. In the end it will come down to install anyway.

It is not a small purchase, so I can understand people wanting to feel very comfortable before they buy something of this level. Really the question is not if the Zcon is a great sub or not, it is more so is it the right one for you Lantz. :)

These two comments are exactly correct. Especially the install part.

Very awsome sub!! Very musical and can handle great power!! Deff. get low which is what you seem to be looking for. House it in the right box and throw some powr at it and you will not be dissapointed!

very good sub.

if i didnt get my BTLs i would of went with Zcons... wonder which is better :S

sounds good fellas. ill be ordering it next week (hopefully). like i said i have 3500 watts available for it if needed. now the next step..... What size box would you all recommend for this? space really isnt an issue for me. i seen it can be as small as 2.75 and up to 5CF for 1. i do have a single 15" sub box that is 3.5 and ported. also tuned very low. i did not build the box so im not sure what the tuning is at. i could use that box, or should i just make a new one????