SMpaintball78

SSA ZCON 15 questions....

You should spend some money on glasses. The ones in your avatar are ready to be replaced. It'll seriously help with the ladies.

:roflmao:

+1 for making me LOL M5

You should spend some money on glasses. The ones in your avatar are ready to be replaced. It'll seriously help with the ladies.

+1 for making me LOL M5

hey hey now. dont make fun of bubbles haha. u should watch that show. its on netflixs, one of the best shows iv ever seen.

optimal ported says 4-5 ft^3 on the website

ya. i may just duplicate the box i have but make it a tad longer to make it 4-4.5cf. sub forward port up seems to work best in my truck.

anyone else have any thoughts on this sub??? i may order it next week so i want to get as many reviews as i can...

i have a AQ3500.1 that will be pushing it.

Its a good sub man. Idk why you are insisting on getting more peoples opinion on it when its a new model. In the end it will come down to install anyway.

It is not a small purchase, so I can understand people wanting to feel very comfortable before they buy something of this level. Really the question is not if the Zcon is a great sub or not, it is more so is it the right one for you Lantz. :)

These two comments are exactly correct. Especially the install part.

by install do u mean the parts i use to make the system? (wire gauge,amp,ect.) im running all 0 gauge tsunami wire,260amp iraggi alt, and a shuriken bt60 battery. will that be enough for it to be considered a nice install?

anyone else have any thoughts on this sub??? i may order it next week so i want to get as many reviews as i can...

i have a AQ3500.1 that will be pushing it.

Its a good sub man. Idk why you are insisting on getting more peoples opinion on it when its a new model. In the end it will come down to install anyway.

It is not a small purchase, so I can understand people wanting to feel very comfortable before they buy something of this level. Really the question is not if the Zcon is a great sub or not, it is more so is it the right one for you Lantz. :)

These two comments are exactly correct. Especially the install part.

by install do u mean the parts i use to make the system? (wire gauge,amp,ect.) im running all 0 gauge tsunami wire,260amp iraggi alt, and a shuriken bt60 battery. will that be enough for it to be considered a nice install?

The box will play a HUGE role in how it sounds, so make sure you do that properly.

i have 2 18s on about 5k and belted out a 153.2 the 2nd day i hooked everything up. id say they are good drivers.

i have 2 18s on about 5k and belted out a 153.2 the 2nd day i hooked everything up. id say they are good drivers.

so do u think 1 15 on 4k will be ok? lol. im worried this amp will be to much for that sub. ill just have to watch my gain closely....

another thing, iv heard over time, that if u put subs in bigger enclosures, that they take less power... so if i did build a nice 4-4.5cf ported box, will it only need like 1800-2000 watts?

Mechanical power handling goes down in large enclosures, efficiency goes up.

Remember, you have a gain knob for reason, 50% gain on a 1000 watt amp does not mean 500 watts power output.

+1 for making me LOL M5

hey hey now. dont make fun of bubbles haha. u should watch that show. its on netflixs, one of the best shows iv ever seen.

If I could walk around with shades on and a rum and coke in hand all the time, I would. :)

Mechanical power handling goes down in large enclosures, efficiency goes up.

Remember, you have a gain knob for reason, 50% gain on a 1000 watt amp does not mean 500 watts power output.

so if u had a "guess", what should my gain be set at

AT THE MOST? i did alot of reseach on my amp before i bought it and seen these doing 4200 watts. now that probably at like 16V but ill still have around 3700 watts available. the LAST thing i want to do is over power this sub. one, idk if it can even be reconed, and two, i dont have the money to do so haha

+1 for making me LOL M5

If I could walk around with shades on and a rum and coke in hand all the time, I would. :)

haha we alll would. notice all the dope plants behind them?? :attempt: lol

Edited by Lantz

It can be reconed, prices normally run about $100.

I cannot tell you what your gain needs to be because I do not know the output voltage of your head unit.

There are plenty of gain setting tutorials on the web, even one on here. Check those out.

Why don't you just buy a D4 and wire it at 2 ohms, so you'll get close to the right wattage. It'll be MUCH easier on your electrical, and in the future if you need to you can add another D4 and it'd be wired at 1 ohm. Just a suggestion. :shrug:

If you have to ask about how power to give a sub then stick to rms power or lower, since your not competing the Zcon doesnt need 4000 watts. Its rated at 2250 rms for a reason.

Why don't you just buy a D4 and wire it at 2 ohms, so you'll get close to the right wattage. It'll be MUCH easier on your electrical, and in the future if you need to you can add another D4 and it'd be wired at 1 ohm. Just a suggestion. :shrug:

I like your idea. :peepwall:

This is very good advice. The difference to the ear with that amount of power difference will be very minimal, and then you can upgrade to two when you get bored.

lol its VERY funny u said that. b/c i suggested the SAME thing either in this thread or another one and EVERYONE told me to just run it at 1 ohm to give me some lee-way for the sub.....

that AQ3500 will put out 2600wrms@2ohms

ZCON's don't come in D4 but if you want the same concept get D1 and wire to 2 ohm then later down the road get another D1 and wire to 1ohm. Instead of a 15, get 1 12 now 1 12 later.

ZCON's don't come in D4 but if you want the same concept get D1 and wire to 2 ohm then later down the road get another D1 and wire to 1ohm. Instead of a 15, get 1 12 now 1 12 later.

True I forgot about that, d1 will be the same though.

why a 12 instead of a 15??