sps1989

Crescendo bc2000 tuning help

i am using a dmm to tune my amp. and the voltage i am supposed to reach is 38.73 for 1500 watts. the first time i tried i got it by maxing out the gain and then some bass boost. i have the hu at 32 out of 42 and all eq settings at 0. but i adjusted the frequency and tried again and now i can get it back up as high as it was even when putting it back where it was before. whats the problem? and where should i have my bass knob set at while tuning it?

i have done the big 3 and have a stinger spp1500d under the hood with 1/0 running to the amp and have a power acoustik ptid-8310nrbt radio and am going to be using a dc xl 12 if this helps any

IMG_20111013_180232.jpg

IMG_20111013_174610.jpg

yoou should be using a 50-60hz tone at 0db if that helps

also tuning the gains via DMM is a great way to start but you will soon realize that you will be modulating the gains as time goes on as in part to the songs you like to listen to and how those songs are recorded!

also looking at your pic what is up with your remote wire? it looks like you have 1 coming from the h/u while the other one is going to something else?

Unless I am mistaken, but I really dont think so..............

That is not a bass knob it is a remote gain. You should be able to turn your gain at the amp up to about 80% and use the knob to set it remotely.

If it's like the bigger BC amp it will blink and then go solid when clipping.

That light would be a closer guess setting gains than a DMM so I would use that.

Oh yeah i have the test tones. And it is to my 4 channel. I ran out of wire and it was close enough. I have some now so I will do it correctly.

And I got it back up but the gain is about 3/4 and the boost is 1/4ish. Should that be right

Oh ok thanks sir. I wasn't sure if it did that for clipping or not. But thats great cuz that light on the remote is pretty hard to miss so if it does I will definitely notice it.

Oh yeah i have the test tones. And it is to my 4 channel. I ran out of wire and it was close enough. I have some now so I will do it correctly.

And I got it back up but the gain is about 3/4 and the boost is 1/4ish. Should that be right

it wont be in the same place as everyone else. it all depends on how much your cars electrical can push out. for a generalized example, if you were at 12v it would take more gain to reach desired wattage, but if you were at 14v it wont need to be taken up as much.

Edited by RayN

you shouldn't rely on the clipping light to know when to turn things down. i dont see the point to using the dmm to set gains either. why not learn to set them by ear?

I have a bass cleff 3500 and use the gain knob its blue never blinked on me????????

I believe I got it now. Must have been a bad connection. Now its about 3/4 gain with no boost and pushing about 1700 watts