Sign in to follow this  
Penguin4x4

Members in Augusta, GA

A possible job opportunity has presented itself; however, it is a good 1,000 miles (according to Google Maps) away near Augusta, GA. Because of this, I've been scouring the internet for days now gathering information, but 1st hand knowledge almost always trumps the internet.

What I'm looking for most is information on the different neighborhoods. I'm not picky about where I live, I'd just rather not have to worry about getting mugged/shot at, have my stuff constantly stolen by junkies, and the like. A little culture wouldn't hurt, nor would easy access to shopping and/or farmer's markets.

Any additional information, large or small, will be greatly appreciated as well.

Augusta is nice Bro. Every herd of the Masters golf tournament? That is played at the Augusta National golf course. Beautiful course. Never played it myself, but did get tickets and walked it. Well kinda waddled it at the end of the day. :drink40:

Masters

Like all bigger cities there are places you don't want to go, but for the most parts it's a nice city. Good fishing on Lake Strom Thurmond. Kinda artsy fartsy downtown and the nite life from my experience is pretty good.

I cant help you on where to live as I have only visited.

Where are you moving from? I dont know where sector 7G is. lol