Sign in to follow this  
stevemead08

another new toy

Well i got tired of smart mouthed cheap laborers digging holes for me so i bought this today.

18 inch and 24 auger bits and a large bucket. was fun using it for the first time today. but i hit a water main on a football field. oops

IMAG0592.jpgIMAG0593.jpg

Opps :P

We were looking for a stud in the garage when we first moved to the new house, hit a plastic water line...

We were looking for a stud in the garage when we first moved to the new house, hit a plastic water line...

contractor told me to dig...I dug. not my fault. he knew a football goal post was going there. why would you run your watermain right at the end of the endzone.

nice equipment

thanks. so much nicer than a shovel

now i need a bigger truck!. had to use my workers 2500hd to tow it around

my 09 1500 just wont cut it on a long haul im sure

Nice deer! That will make life easier for sure.

contractor told me to dig...I dug. not my fault. he knew a football goal post was going there. why would you run your watermain right at the end of the endzone.

Guess you're lucky you didn't hit electrical or natural gas lines ... Did the contractor have the locates called in before construction ??

Guess you're lucky you didn't hit electrical or natural gas lines ... Did the contractor have the locates called in before construction ??

nope. its all new construction. i guess he figured he knew where everything was in his head.

Sad to say, Being a lineman (Aerial and underground construction) I've seen alot of good contractors get killled or seriously ingured for not locating ground before digging ... Power / gas / water / communication lines are not regulated as far as direction goes, most have to be certain depths, but not always the case ...

Its is REGULATION for us to call in locates anywhere we dig. Wh had one guy about 5 years ago shot a sharp shooter straight into a 9000 volt underground transmission line. He survived, but can't walk or work anymore ...

Sad to say, Being a lineman (Aerial and underground construction) I've seen alot of good contractors get killled or seriously ingured for not locating ground before digging ... Power / gas / water / communication lines are not regulated as far as direction goes, most have to be certain depths, but not always the case ...

Its is REGULATION for us to call in locates anywhere we dig. Wh had one guy about 5 years ago shot a sharp shooter straight into a 9000 volt underground transmission line. He survived, but can't walk or work anymore ...

no doubt there is risk.

Very Nice looking machine though !!! I would have to buy one if I didn't work "In House" ...

After my kids are grown and gone, I'm going to buy my own bucket truck and fiber optic splice trailer and go on the road for a few years ... I really like working Aerial construction ...

Looks like fun, congrats on the new toy. Now go make sum moar monies. :P

Looks like fun, congrats on the new toy. Now go make sum moar monies. :P

yessir

That should make life much easier. Looks like you might need a little more truck now.

now i need a bigger truck!. had to use my workers 2500hd to tow it around

my 09 1500 just wont cut it on a long haul im sure

oh hell no.. those are very heavy,. even on my flat bed they are BEAST my boss has one about that size maybe a little bigger 5800 lbs

i pulled his with a dodge 1500 one time just here in town.. HA what a joke.

we use a chevy 3500 dully for it normally.

yall must be doing alot of diggin on the up coming job to buy one as apposed to renting

No the job coming up is a big locker job.

Buying one as opposed to renting one just makes sense. I need to rent one all the time anyway. We use them for outdoor basketball sleeves and football goals. Seems anything west of I35 is rock and too hard to drill with a 2 man auger.

this is true.. ..

you know steve.. here in san marcos.. on this side of the hwy it soil.. right here at my house.. go to the other side of 35 its fucking rock... its crazy like that.. or perhaps a master plan!!

i didnt know you offten rented one.,

i do know your going to get a new truck now ha ha!

that bitch is sick!!!

being able to keep the loader over the trailer axles should help your truck too!

damn i want one bad.

EDIt: i just noticed that fucker has a HUGE tail on it... watch your turns.. the tail whip will destroy some shit with the quickness.... i seen it too many times.

no tongue weight. truck dropped 3/8 inch total

Looks like someone's gonna be able to make long distance shows now. :P Congrats on the new trailer. :gayhaaay1:

Looks like someone's gonna be able to make long distance shows now. :P

hell yeah! :dancing: