swift

SAZ1500 V.2 issue

I have a Saz1500v.2 that I bought here off SSA less than a year ago. Well last night I noticed my sub just quit playing. After looking at it the red "protection" light is on and it just stays that way.

Weird thing is I was actually listening to music on a normal mid level, gain remote knob all the way down and purposely trying to not really hear the sub because I was listening to a rock song trying to adjust my mids. Then when I went to add the sub back in it just wasnt there. I thought the knob was broke but I guess not. Amp was cold to the touch when it stopped working.

What can I do from here.

Thanks

We'll need to get it over to dB-R for repairs as we just sold out of the 1500s temporarily.

Fill out the dB-R.com repair request, tell him it's for warranty, and to contact me if any questions.

Will do thanks

Cs at its best yet again keep us posted on the issue

Hopefully I will have the amp out today and sent this week. been swamped at work

That's why I run Sundown Audio equipment, Jacob is the best when it comes to keeping the customers satisfied

Well, had my amp back working fine for about 3 weeks and now same thing again. As soon as I turn power on maybe 2 seconds later I hear a loud pop through sub and amp cuts off and goes into protection mode. The first time they said the inputs failed and they said the put stronger ones in this time. Could this be something different?

This is frustrating, what do I do?

What's your electrical? What ohm load?

I don't recall the specifics... did your amp go to dB-R or us ?

If it didn't go to us at all I'd like to test it out on our bench.

Make sure you dont have any wires shorting inside the box, that could through it into protect easily.

Even if its just a few strands from the positive tiuching the negitive that could be the culpret.

Sounds like its possibly your install is causing the problems.

That would seem that way but thats just not the case here. The amp was installed has has been great for about 9 months then the first issue occurred out of the blue. Then sent for repair.

What's your electrical? What ohm load?

Electrical is the stock HD alternator, 2 Optima Red tops and all 1 /0 guage. Running the amp at 1 ohm to a dual 2ohm FI Q15.

I have a volt meter in the truck also and at full tilt it has never gone below 12.8 or so and thats with all lights on and trailer hooked up with all its light on, etc at night. Truck sits at 14.1-13.8 normally.

Lights do not dim.

here is my build log

I don't recall the specifics... did your amp go to dB-R or us ?

If it didn't go to us at all I'd like to test it out on our bench.

It went to DB-R. The only thing they couldnt fix was my gain knob. It has slight static when you turn the knob from all the way down to barely on. They said they didnt have any in the buliding and if I wanted another one to maybe see if I could get it shipped from you guys. They did not seem real concerned that that could cause problems. It it alittle annoying but not THAT big of a deal. I figured I would get around to it eventually, But honestly now I think it may be the cause of my problem. Because when it failed I went to turn the gain knob from off to on and heard the pop and shut off. Now it just shuts off as soon as power is ran to it. I am not sure if that could even do anything but thought I should mention it.

I could take the cover off and take a picture if that would help but I sure wouldnt know what I was looking at.

Make sure you dont have any wires shorting inside the box, that could through it into protect easily.

Even if its just a few strands from the positive tiuching the negitive that could be the culpret.

I would love for it to be something that simple, I never even thought of that since I had the previous problem. I will double check all connections when I get home tonight.

Thanks

It went to DB-R. The only thing they couldnt fix was my gain knob. It has slight static when you turn the knob from all the way down to barely on. They said they didnt have any in the buliding and if I wanted another one to maybe see if I could get it shipped from you guys. They did not seem real concerned that that could cause problems. It it alittle annoying but not THAT big of a deal. I figured I would get around to it eventually, But honestly now I think it may be the cause of my problem. Because when it failed I went to turn the gain knob from off to on and heard the pop and shut off. Now it just shuts off as soon as power is ran to it. I am not sure if that could even do anything but thought I should mention it.

I could take the cover off and take a picture if that would help but I sure wouldnt know what I was looking at.

Just wondering if you're talking about your remote gain knob or not. I have noticed on my 2kd that same thing, almost a turn on pop everytime I turn it to the all the way down position and just one click above it. It never concerned me enough to mention it before, but now it has me questioning how normal that is.

Just wondering if you're talking about your remote gain knob or not. I have noticed on my 2kd that same thing, almost a turn on pop everytime I turn it to the all the way down position and just one click above it. It never concerned me enough to mention it before, but now it has me questioning how normal that is.

That's exactly what I'm describing. It didn't do it for the first 6 months but progressively gotten worse.

Didn't get to check the amp out tonight but will try tomorrow

We have our 1500s back in stock so if you have pervasive problems we can simply replace it all together.

We have our 1500s back in stock so if you have pervasive problems we can simply replace it all together.

Thanks You very much!

I will check the amp today to make sure it wasnt some simple mistake on my end before we go through the trouble.

Double checked everything and unfortunately still doesn't work. Will send you an email, thanks

Email was sent through this site but I guess it didn't go through.

Mine is lswift76@gmail.com

Thanks alot

Never send him a pm on the site he never check them nor does he receive them your best bet is to send him an email I think it is sundownz@sundown.com