Sign in to follow this  
tiktok

12" d2 icon specs

I was looking and I cannot find 12" d2 icon specs...can anyone tell me? :ughdunno:

Also, I now may plan on running just a single 12"...I have narrowed my choices to three:

xcon 12" d2

icon 12" d2

sa-12 d2

can anyone post up which sub they would choose? I have a 1999 nissan maxima.

thanks

oh btw I'm looking to get LOUD for just one 12". I Also want to keep SQ.

Edited by tiktok

Explain your definition of loud and sound quality?

Reason I ask is that these types of questions are very vague in explanation and get very irritating to the forum.

Explain your goals in more detail, equipment you are using etc.

We have not put up Icon specs just yet, once they are ready to go out the door, we will have specs.

ok thanks denim.

98GMC, sorry for the vagueness, I'll explain a bit more

I have seen the youtube vids of just a SINGLE DCON 10" and I was pretty impressed!

By Loud with SQ, I mean it will rattle my teeth loose, but still be musical. I love the feeling of strong bass in my car but it's been a while. I used to have 2 Treo 12" SSI and they knocked pretty hard, but their excursion was a bit limited.

I really like the way that the motors on Icon and Xcon look; they seem like they can get pretty loud. I just wanted to know how much more/less the three woofers compare to each other.

Right now there is that SD sale going on, and I can buy two of their SA 12" for about $310...that's a great deal. OR, for about the same price, a single 12" Icon or for a little more, a single 12" Xcon.

I suppose I can wait for the specs on the Icon then, I just hope it's not too long a wait!

:dancing:

If you like the DCON 10, how about you just a DCON 12!!!

The Dcon is a cool sub, but I plan on mounting it reverse/inverted, and I like the Icon and Xcon motors way better.

Edited by tiktok

The Xcon and Icon don't really directly compare to each other as they are different in design, but both are over hung topology. The new Icon is more of the great all-a-rounder sub. Not an all things to all people, as that is impossible, but it can satisfy the picky SQ guys and play controlled at lower levels in sealed enclosures. On the other hand, it has greatly increased cooling and a bump in motor strength for those people who want to really lean into it power wise and occasionally make things blurry.

The Xcon is a different beast, really an elite driver. Meant for the sound quality crowd that loves some headroom, but does not need bonkers power either. A higher Xmax option to many other drivers out there. A little more old style in enclosure preference, in regards to a larger box and lower tuning. But it has been used by the SPL competitors with better results then we had expected.

:)