Adrian_D

Port flares for sale, 8" and 10" diameter pipe

Looks like I am going to have to buy a full 10' section of 8" schedule 40 :rofl2: That is the minimum order length at all the shops around here.

If anybody needs a piece let me know!

:|

Did you try the links I posted earlier?

http://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=PVC-PIPE-SCH40-8inch

http://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=PVC-PIPE-SCH40-10inch

Sent you a PM Adrian_D.

Right back at ya.

Looks like I am going to have to buy a full 10' section of 8" schedule 40 :rofl2: That is the minimum order length at all the shops around here.

If anybody needs a piece let me know!

:|

Did you try the links I posted earlier?

http://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=PVC-PIPE-SCH40-8inch

http://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=PVC-PIPE-SCH40-10inch

Yeah man. A 4' piece from that website is only $10 cheaper (not including shipping) than a 10' piece bought locally. Plus I do not have to pay shipping. I need a 90 degree elbow too and I can buy that in a single piece count locally verses 10-100pcs minimum order online.

I am very anxious to get my 8" pipe. The 8" schedule 40 is 8.625" OD and the opening on the 8" aero ports you made me are a 3/32" smaller than that :peepwall:

Alright, I measured the mold with 3 tape measures and a set of calipers and all the times it was 219 mm, which is 8,62204724". Add the thickness of a layer of masking tape it it should be spot-on.

3/32" off would have been 2mm off the diameter, which is unacceptable and impossible since the mold doesn't change between flares :)

If you used a tape measure, I suspect the red part in the picture is where the extra 3/32" are hiding.

pic.png

Tape measure is in thicker lines.

Not saying that they will not fit onto the OD of an 8" schedule 40 pipe. Just saying what I measured.

I am the quality inspector for a facility that makes jet turbine parts. My eyes are calibrated measuring tools lol. Joking about the eyes but I can measure just about anything with fairly good precision.

I will definitely let you know tomorrow Adrian how the fitment is.

I am so f'n stoked to build an enclosure to use these bad boys!!!!!!

Do they fit?

Hellz yeah! Tight as a mutha but it fits over. The snug fit is great for this application. I highly doubt there will be any leaks! I didnt press it all the way on for the pics because once it is on I think it isn't coming off.

Now on to finishing the enclosure design. This is going to be an epic trunk build!

Good job with fabbing these up Adrian!

3676SCREEN.jpg

I picked up an 8" 90 degree elbow for my build.

3680SCREEN.jpg

I love tight things :D

Glad you like them and glad they do fit correctly. The Euro-spec versions are not that tight but I can lift a whole box by the flare and it won't come off. Wiggle on all sides and it will come off, the flare will take it. Heck, I've used flares as seats at a competition to prove they are strong :)

Use a bit of gear oil when assembling the flare and it should go on / come off easier

Glad you like them and glad they do fit correctly. The Euro-spec versions are not that tight but I can lift a whole box by the flare and it won't come off. Wiggle on all sides and it will come off, the flare will take it. Heck, I've used flares as seats at a competition to prove they are strong :)

Use a bit of gear oil when assembling the flare and it should go on / come off easier

:fing34:

I cant wait to show you these guys in my trunk :dj:

update?

update?

Instead of cluttering Adrian_D's for sale thread my build log can be found here.

I want a set of 8"!

They are leaving towards you tomorrow :)

Damn this cold weather, it's slowing things down way too much.

Pricing for the flares is as follows:

$65 for a pair of 8" flares as they come in the pics, I will refer to that condition as raw. Perfectly smooth interior, rough exterior.

$80 for a pair of 10" flares, same condition as described above

If you want the inside primered, add $5 per pair of flares. If you want both the inside and the outside primered, add $20 per pair of flares.

For Flanged versions add $5 per flare.

All prices are shipped prices.

Ordering is simple: you tell me what you want, and when they are ready to ship I will tell you my paypal to perform the payment. It has worked perfectly for 2 years on the european market *touches wood*

Keep in mind 2 things:

1. I only build these in the afternoon and right now it's getting cold, so it takes me roughly 3-4 days to have a pair ready if I'm 'out of stock'.

2. These ship from Europe, so it will take around 7-10 days to get them. And shipping is ~$25 per pair, that's why prices are what they are

Adrian,

I would like to order 2 - 8" flange ports primered as well please.... Let me know bro .... Thanks!!!

- Danny

$65 for a pair of 8" flares as they come in the pics, I will refer to that condition as raw. Perfectly smooth interior, rough exterior.

If you want the inside primered, add $5 per pair of flares. If you want both the inside and the outside primered, add $20 per pair of flares.

Ordering is simple: you tell me what you want, and when they are ready to ship I will tell you my paypal to perform the payment. It has worked perfectly for 2 years on the european market *touches wood*

Keep in mind 2 things:

1. I only build these in the afternoon and right now it's getting cold, so it takes me roughly 3-4 days to have a pair ready if I'm 'out of stock'.

2. These ship from Europe, so it will take around 7-10 days to get them. And shipping is ~$25 per pair, that's why prices are what they are

Adrian,

I would like to order 2 - 8" flange ports primered as well please.... Let me know bro .... Thanks!!!

- Danny

Inside primed, outside primed? or both?

Keep in mind 2 things:

Adrian,

- Danny

Inside primed, outside primed? or both?

OOOOOPS!

Just the insides.... Thanks Stef .. I missed that..

I'll start building them today, it comes out to $80 shipped: $65 raw + $10 for flanges + $5 for inside primer :)

I got mine in!

Replied !

Good news, tracking works with USPS, so you can track the package all the way to your local post office :)

99% sure I can ship to you. Will check at the post office tomorrow. But if USPS gets there, I can ship :)

At most $10 by my estimates and that's because of shipping.

PM'ed :peepwall:

can any body tell me these prices in pakistani rupees thanks for the sharing.

Adrian, you still making these? I'm considering an enclosure rebuild currently & thinking about using a couple of 10" aero-style ports ;-)