Sign in to follow this  
Caldwell

IA Death Penalty 12

Well, it is here and I'd say it was WELL worth the wait. Had a tiny scare just looking at the box because it had a slight lean to it. But it was in the very best condition that I have ever seen a UPS box delivered. I can honestly say that I have never been more impressed by the craftsmanship of a single sub than I am with this one. This thing is a monster at 60lbs and is only a 12. I have an amp to put on it but by judging by the stiffness of it, lol, I dont know how it's going to be able to move this thing. Here are the pics, sorry if they are too big.

003.jpg

004.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

014.jpg

020.jpg

027.jpg

030.jpg

018.jpg

The only flaw(I'm OCD BTW), but nothing major. Tiny chips on the magnet

016.jpg

017.jpg

Beautiful subwoofer. I must say your name is way too awesome though.

Beautiful subwoofer. I must say your name is way too awesome though.

Thanks! pictures really don't do this thing justice and I can't wait to get this in my car. I honestly don't know if I want to invert it or not cause both sides are sexy as hell. I still have some things to do to get the car ready, but I will eventually have a build thread. My goals are somewhat a low frequency response and I prefer for it to be clean as possible. I'm just not sure which type of enclosure I'm going to go with. Regular ported, a tapered t-line, or a real t-line. I've been kind of indecisive on this for damn near a month. Anyways, thanks for both compliments!

Sexy, go with "regular ported". What kind of vehicle is this going in? Amplifier?

08 infinity g35. I was thinking of simplifying things and going ported. I have a db drive pt2000.1d which ha supposedly been clamped at 2300 at 1 ohm. But, the amp is jut a little too big for my trunk and I want to go with something with a smaller footprint. I have it for sale or trade on ca.com but will keep it I I need to. I had an aq2200 that I sold off when I got this and I miss that amp already. Oh yeah, the sub is a D2

I always wanted to see nice pictures of a 12" Death Penalty, a thing of beauty right there. Those magnets are sweet too :woot:

Yeah I know. Until now, all I have ever seen were stock pictures on the website. Now people can actually appreciate what it looks like.

:captain::trippy:

have been around some DPs in real life - its a very unique looking sub

of course they sound great too & ur about to find that out for urself lol

Very nice sub, I think you're going to love it. :drink40:

Man that thing looks like a monster. The Magnet slicing looks like the most innovative way to help out with voice coil cooling I've ever seen.

Thanks guys. All I need is a second battery, then the build is on. I'll start a build log when I do it.