Skar

SKAR Class D Amp Prototype Pictures (800W & 1500W)

Whose design is this and why would we buy yours versus another? I'm sure everyone is wondering.

The production run with our unique heatsink, etc will be our own unique design.

SKAR Amplifiers will not sacrifice build quality or internal components for price at all, which serves our market all while keeping consumer pricing at a fair level. Many of our customers who run the subwoofers are looking to match them with amplifiers, so here they are!

I don't care about the heatsink that is trivial, I meant the amp design.

As for the wondering, the build quality choices would describe that and be a reasonable answer. I am not asking for any trade secrets, but again if you are going to be satisfied and excited about these tell us why.

*if you don't want this in the Skar section fine, its now in the amplifier section

**that doesn't mean that anyone else should feel free to add off topic posts as those still aren't necessayr

No, I'm sorry the thread is entertaining no-one. For the dedicated members on this forum it is very informative to know how bussiness owners conduct bussines.

My post was deleted at noon time when you sent me this pm:

sefugi,

Kevin S has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "Amp".

Kevin S said:

======================================================================

If you are asking if Jacob from Sundown designed these - no he did not. I am not sure what else you would be trying to ask?

======================================================================

I responded by saying:

"I was not asking anything that was not already asked, but I see you did not delete ///M5's post."

The thread was not deleted until later, mid afternoon.

I know this will not solve anything here on the forum, but if you are going to make a statement please get your facts straight.

Let me take this opportunity to extend my regrets to all the SSA Members that they have to deal with such issues as this.

Now that this is off your shoulders, let's keep it on topic. While post deleting disgusts me and is completely inappropriate and NOT acceptable here, that was the first time that I know he has done it. I'll look forward in this regard and not think about the past. To the rest of you that had posts deleted I am sorry, that won't happen again here on SSA without a nice PM explaining it and it damn well better be for good reasons then. And those weren't good reasons.

As for this topic, please lets keep it about these amps. Thank you.

Keep it civil fellas.

X2 !

And let's see some gut pics before commenting. Sure, the heat sinks look familiar.

Looking at build-house brochures you see a TON of familiar heat sinks but that's another story.

Anyway, I'm curious to see some gut pics before I say anything more :)

Looks exactly like the Cadence ZRS-C65 to me. Would like to see internals / specs.

These are prototypes for power testing, etc. We have a pretty cool heatsink design for our amplifiers. Typically build houses will use an existing heatsink to reduce build time on prototypes.

294023_236991093024597_164249643632076_667287_1283846300_n.jpg

800w Line

1500g.jpg

1500w Line

Glad we could get back on track. Let's stick to the hard specs and info about these.

Hey all,

Got the prototypes in my hands today ;). Very satisfied with the quality of the work done! I will edit this thread tomorrow with tested power results.

1500W (0 GA Power Terminals) @ 1 Ohm is the first amp

800W (4 GA Power Terminals) @ 1 Ohm is the second amp

Will post estimated pricing shortly as well! These are designed to be some brutal class D amps as you SPL enthusiasts have come to expect, so I think you will be very pleased!

amptop.jpg

amp1500power.jpg

amp1500controls.jpg

Looks like it has allen head screws for the power/ground? Me like :drink40:

Glad we could get back on track. Let's stick to the hard specs and info about these.

Run-off the mill Korean board. 1500w is identical to a Hifonics I worked on, I'll have to look for pics.

i am gonna admit looks sick

is it fairly efficient ?

Like hertz or jl?

Pretty clear to me. Same old shit from the same old Kevin. I won't be purchasing one of these and I'm in the market as of right now. No decent info provided. And based on Kevin's history I'm just not interested. I feel Kevin would do better working in a rip off shop somewhere selling to people who don't know a damn thing about car audio. Just my 2 cents

So you can tell that the mosfets are different because you designed this amp for that company as well?

I can't really see what mosfets they used based on that picture so I guess you have some kind of x-ray vision?

Because I am pretty sure nobody else can tell, based on that picture what mosfets are used.

@ Julian, I guess the big difference is that if someone said they had a say in the receipe for Coke without having it, but then using the Coke name to hype their own stuff without mentioning what their edge is, besides an empty bottle which they claim they were the designers of... Well you will figure the rest out.

Rubenen, that is a terrible analogy, FYI. Also, I can tell they are different because of the way they are aligned and positioned.

I can sit here all day and tell you about them, but you won't be satisfied about what makes them quality amplifiers until I post clamp results, so why don't you just wait till then and let the numbers speak for themselves.

Clamp results are pretty useless. Typically the only people impressed by clamp results are those too ignorant to know what they are actually looking at (which is normally not their fault, they just don't know any better).

ok, sorry my bad for terrible analogies, but at least I'm that much aware on amps to say that those 2 boards are identical if you don't look at the color differences.

Besides mosfets can be horisontally placed, angled, vertical etc, dont mean that they don't use the same.. And the positioning is identical as well.

But ok, let's know do you use FDA's IRFC's or am I way out of line for asking about specs that goes beyond what the basic eye can tell?

What's the drain to source voltage? slew rate, what filters do you use LR, BW, 12dB/18dB/24dB?

Little actual info besides claims of being a designer instead of letting people know what your real edge is.

Edited by rubenen

So you can tell that the mosfets are different because you designed this amp for that company as well?

I can't really see what mosfets they used based on that picture so I guess you have some kind of x-ray vision?

Because I am pretty sure nobody else can tell, based on that picture what mosfets are used.

@ Julian, I guess the big difference is that if someone said they had a say in the receipe for Coke without having it, but then using the Coke name to hype their own stuff without mentioning what their edge is, besides an empty bottle which they claim they were the designers of... Well you will figure the rest out.

Rubenen, that is a terrible analogy, FYI. Also, I can tell they are different because of the way they are aligned and positioned.

:suicide-santa: SMH...I'm 15 and i think I have more knowledge in operating a business than you! Maybe because I already do, but what does alignment have to do with power output? It may help with heat but just because it is a like 2 degrese cooler doesnt mean it will put out more power. And your post is very mis leading you said alignment and position wtf does it have to do with it!? This is just showing you have no idea what your saying and are saying the same things over and over again. Please reread your posts before posting them.

Guess I'll have to post my reply here as the other thread got locked.

ok, sorry my bad for terrible analogies, but at least I'm that much aware on amps to say that those 2 boards are identical if you don't look at the color differences.

Besides mosfets can be horisontally placed, angled, vertical etc, dont mean that they don't use the same.. And the positioning is identical as well.

But ok, let's know do you use FDA's IRFC's or am I way out of line for asking about specs that goes beyond what the basic eye can tell?

What's the drain to source voltage? slew rate, what filters do you use LR, BW, 12dB/18dB/24dB?

Little actual info besides claims of being a designer instead of letting people know what your real edge is.

skarvsskartwin.jpg

Edited by rubenen

:ughdunno:

For fuck's sake. Kevin, what is being asked is, what the fuck do you know about designing amplifiers? Are you just calling a manufacturer and their engineers design and build it, or do you have some knowledge and experience designing an electrical circuit. People are trying to feel you out and test you, can't you see that? Man up, state EXACTLY what you do or don't know, quit pussy footing around answers and just answer. . . . And you wonder why you get the reactions you do.

BTW, this industry is small and many people know exactly how things work and who knows their shit, and who doesn't. Honesty is all that's needed. If you're a genius, tell people why, if you're an idiot, just state that. Pretty simple concepts to grasp.

For fuck's sake. Kevin, what is being asked is, what the fuck do you know about designing amplifiers? Are you just calling a manufacturer and their engineers design and build it, or do you have some knowledge and experience designing an electrical circuit. People are trying to feel you out and test you, can't you see that? Man up, state EXACTLY what you do or don't know, quit pussy footing around answers and just answer. . . . And you wonder why you get the reactions you do.

BTW, this industry is small and many people know exactly how things work and who knows their shit, and who doesn't. Honesty is all that's needed. If you're a genius, tell people why, if you're an idiot, just state that. Pretty simple concepts to grasp.

:roflmao:

I bet this post gets moved as well.

:roflmao:

I bet this post gets moved as well.

There are only two people on here who would. One can't and if the other one does, well. . . .

why so much hate here?

Lol. He keeps dodging the question. It was a simple "why do you think your design will be successful?" And all he keeps saying is "just wait....you'll see...it'll be just like those good amps."

As a potential customer, that's not what you wanna hear. Would you buy a Dodge if you saw a commercial that said "DODGE. Just as good as Ford and Chevy and all that...." Think about it.

Guess I'll have to post my reply here as the other thread got locked.

skarvsskartwin.jpg

I just looked over this, same everything, except a bigger clamp instead of 2 different size clamps on the power supply section, it's there to hold an extra part along with the mosfet.