irvin productionz

what happens if i install a belt that is abit longer than stock????

here is the situation, i was going to install my new alternator, when i took the belt off the old alt, i noticed something, even though i had all the tensioner down, it didnt come out easily, wasnt a really hard task, but was unusual

then, when i installed everything, i was going to put on the belt, but couldnt put it in place, it needed just a bit more to enter, and a friend suggested me to put a longer belt

what are your opinions, but would need them fast, need to do it before going to school tomarrow

too long of a belt will cause slip.

It might cause slip if the tensioner cant travel enough to fully tighten it.

i was looking for something that is like .5 inch to 1 inch, or is it still long??

also any suggestions and wat i can do

an inch is ALOT in a belt

Do not change belt size. You can step down if you decrease a pulley size, but never go larger. You just need to move the tensioner further or pick another puller to slide the belt over. A smooth idler works best.

just had it done, i dont know if it will work long, or if it was correct, but me and my dad just forced fit it, and it work, didnt had another option

i have seen people fight with belts before..

alot of times people try to put the belt on to a grooved pully.. its much easier t slid the belt onto one of the smooth pulleys like the idler

does this convey well?

i had to use a belt that was a 1/2 inch longer than my stock one when i installed my mechman alt.... works just fine and charges perfectly....

i have seen people fight with belts before..

alot of times people try to put the belt on to a grooved pully.. its much easier t slid the belt onto one of the smooth pulleys like the idler

does this convey well?

when you say convey well, at what are you refering to, if the belt did fit nice, it did, dont see a problem at the moment, just that it was the first time i had a hard time, and thought something bad could happen if it was forced