Sign in to follow this  
Dan208

Ported box quote for Tang Band.

Hi I need a few more things to get a quote started. Desired tuning? Desired net volume, and are there any space limitations?

Thanks, Rick

I have no idea on tuning. :noob: Something for daily listening to just about everything. This is going in an SUV, but I'd like to keep it as small as possible without it sounding like ass. I've seen positive reviews for everything from .5 to 1 cube.

I did try this calculator and came up with an internal volume of 0.384 cubic feet tuned to 34.75 hz. I'm not sure how accurate it is though.

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=17

Just wondering if you got my last PM about the 4 6.5's? If not let me know and I'll resend it.

Just wondering if you got my last PM about the 4 6.5's? If not let me know and I'll resend it.

I'll pm you right now.

I always had good results with that driver running around 1/2 cubic foot tuned at 30Hz... No stuffing, you could line the walls with 1" or thinner fiberglass to cut mechanical noise if you felt inclined...

I always had good results with that driver running around 1/2 cubic foot tuned at 30Hz... No stuffing, you could line the walls with 1" or thinner fiberglass to cut mechanical noise if you felt inclined...

Thanks for the info. Always good to have someones opinion who has had some first hand experience with the driver.

Thanks for the info. Always good to have someones opinion who has had some first hand experience with the driver.

^^This. :fing34:

Wish I still had the pictures, but I painted a box for 2 of them with that exact alignment for Tal-n'-lanky (on SIN/CSO.org). I put like 10 coats of automotive enamel and wet sanded it until you could use it as a mirror...