edouble101

1,000w build

I had started a big build last year that I had to end before it was finished. I did not have time to do all of the fiberglassing that I had planned, that's life. I had to have something installed in my car that wasn't going to take years to complete :peepwall: Next year I will be doing an extensive over haul of the current setup. I plan on having more time then, I hope.

Some of these pics are from the previous build which I am still using part of. I have more pics to take but this is a start.

Current install:

HU: Kenwood something of another

Front stage: DEI Viper 650.2

Rear fill: Stock

Four channel amp: JL Audio XD400/4

Subwoofer: JL Audio 13W6

Subwoofer amp: JL Audio XD600/1

Synthesizer: ZED RA

D3400 and 1/0 HPM

Edit-0012-4.jpg

Edit-0086.jpg

Edit-0085.jpg

Edit-0083.jpg

Edit-0082.jpg

Edit-0081.jpg

Edit-0003-4.jpg

Edit-0006-2.jpg

Edit-0023-3-1.jpg

Edit-0022-1-1.jpg

I make all my RCA's. Blue for sub, yellow for front, green for rear

Edit-0056.jpg

Edit-0060-1.jpg

Edit-0061-1.jpg

Edit-0071-1.jpg

Enclosure build for JL Audio 13W6

Screen-1944.jpg

Screen-1945.jpg

Screen-1946.jpg

SCREEN-2096.jpg

Minimal use of sound deadening tiles

1948SCREEN.jpg

JL Audio XD600/1 mounted under driver's seat

SCREEN-2094.jpg

JL Audio 400/4 mounted under passenger seat

2213SCREEN.jpg

Tuned in for the edub goodness. :popcorn:

Damn just updated with more pics! I love the wire, use of deadener, and the JL amp. Custom rcas is pretty damn sweet, super clean.

Stock sail panels

Edit-0034-1.jpg

Edit-0039.jpg

Edit-0040-1.jpg

Edit-0043.jpg

Edit-0052-1.jpg

6.5's mounted with dual 0.75" mounting rings

2122SCREEN.jpg

My MDF mounting rings are mechanically fastened to the stock metal door skin. I also used sound deadening material around the rings. I like to think it helps to stop rattles.

SCREEN-2123-1.jpg

I had to buy new door panels because I hacked up the originals from my previous install.

2124SCREEN.jpg

2125SCREEN.jpg

Ground strip located near head unit that is routed directly to battery. This used for the HU, RA, relay and volt meter.

1949SCREEN.jpg

I still have a couple more pics to take but we just got dumped with +15" of fuck'n snow. So hopefully tomorrow I can update pics.

Yeah I fuck'n hate snow. But it makes for nice pictures. This little lady was right outside my front door

2545SCREEN.jpg

:slayer: YES! MORE MORE MORE MORE! CRISP AND CLEAN LOVE IT!!!!!!

Nice loom!

Thanks. I love small details.

Tuned in for the edub goodness. :popcorn:

Damn just updated with more pics! I love the wire, use of deadener, and the JL amp. Custom rcas is pretty damn sweet, super clean.

Thanks bro. Nothing crazy this time around. Next year.....I have some boxes in the basement :peepwall:

:slayer: YES! MORE MORE MORE MORE! CRISP AND CLEAN LOVE IT!!!!!!

Thanks man. Overall the system sounds surprisingly very very good. Everybody that listens has a big grin on there face and says "Can you make my car sound this good" :attempt: The soundstage is decent considering I have no time alignment or crazy EQ and that the path lengths are feet apart for every speaker. Imaging is ehh ok on most songs. The frequency response is really flat though. Not too many peaks and dips.

if u have any songs you want to me to remod for you CLIP FREE I can do that no problem..... just shoot me a PM and let me know the hz you want it to cap off at low wise. ;)

if u have any songs you want to me to remod for you CLIP FREE I can do that no problem..... just shoot me a PM and let me know the hz you want it to cap off at low wise. ;)

Thanks, I appreciate it. I mostly listen to tracks created by the original artists. I do have a collection of remixed tracks but I do not listen to them often.

1948SCREEN.jpg

Great shot!!! Very clean work!!

always great photos!!!

Where do I get this loom?

Other then that, this is SEXY.

I had to buy new door panels because I hacked up the originals from my previous install.

2124SCREEN.jpg

2125SCREEN.jpg

where did you get your door panels???

Edub, have you seen any of the braided sleeves larger then 1 1/4" in diameter? I'd like to use it for a short run of 2 1/0 wires, 2 4awg runs, and 2 16awg runs, all in one sleeve. Perhaps I'd be better off with multiples of 1 1/4" sleeve and then zip tying them all together. :ughdunno:

Edub, have you seen any of the braided sleeves larger then 1 1/4" in diameter? I'd like to use it for a short run of 2 1/0 wires, 2 4awg runs, and 2 16awg runs, all in one sleeve. Perhaps I'd be better off with multiples of 1 1/4" sleeve and then zip tying them all together. :ughdunno:

http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/ExpandableSleeving.php

I read that. Although I missed the 1 3/4" sleeve, but I still think that's too small.

I read that. Although I missed the 1 3/4" sleeve, but I still think that's too small.

http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/american/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=69_70_72&products_id=263

;)

Back ontopic...looks good!

Where do I get this loom?

Other then that, this is SEXY.

I buy my PET here. I buy my Techflex from parts-express on sale.

They have PET from 3/32" up to 2 3/4". You can buy it by the foot.

where did you get your door panels???

I bough them on eBay for $80 each :bigok:

I have the relay, remote distribution strip, fuse block and IPod in the glove box.

2551SCREEN.jpg

ZED Audio RA mounted in a factory compartment

2557SCREEN.jpg

Driver's side at rear passenger foot well

2556SCREEN.jpg

Passenger side a rear passenger foot well

2553SCREEN.jpg

Fused distribution block for amps and ground block mounted in trunk

2554SCREEN.jpg

2555SCREEN.jpg

I've probably said it fifty times by now, but man everything you do is so clean. :drink40: