sundownz

SA-8 v.2 Prototype Completed

It will be on it's way to me soon for testing of performance and final specs... also production costs should come in soon so I'll be able to get a cost to customer price shortly :thumbsup:

On to the photos of it all put together !

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

OMG so freaking BEAST, PLEASE get prices and ETA up soon I just think I found a replacement for my SA12s, 4 of these BEASTS!

The surround on that looks nasty! :fing34:

Is that the same magnet from the previous version of the sa?

Is that the same magnet from the previous version of the sa?

No it's not -- we used a similar motor structure on a prototype SA-8 recently but this is the first time this motor will be used on production.

It looks somewhat like the SD-2 motor due to the shape of the back and top plates, but is it's own unique structure.

Hot damn...will all of the SAv2 series have that basket?

No -- I plan to keep the SA-10/12/15 pretty much as they are for some time.

The lines above the SA will have their own basket tooled up at some point... I have a ton of renderings completed for the new frames (nothing public yet) in 10s, 12s, and 15s. They are a bit too expensive for the SA line but will be used on all our bigger stuff when completed.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.....How much $$$$$ ????

looks like the spider is glued to a ring and not the basket or are my eyes playing tricks on me. the dual round leads look beefy :fing34:

looks like the spider is glued to a ring and not the basket or are my eyes playing tricks on me. the dual round leads look beefy :fing34:

That is due to the dual spaced spider -- one spider is glued to the basket, then there is a custom tooled ring, then a spider on top of that, then a steel bolt-on ring on top of the whole assembly.

Actually fairly complex but gives us more lateral coil stability!

That is due to the dual spaced spider -- one spider is glued to the basket, then there is a custom tooled ring, then a spider on top of that, then a steel bolt-on ring on top of the whole assembly.

Actually fairly complex but gives us more lateral coil stability!

looks great :fing34:

and I thought the V1 was a beast. that is one big **S!!!

Wow..... sexy. I think my GF's car may need 4-6 of those in a bandpass. :D

I also do the "nightshade" with all these news!

Rubber logo

protective circle spiders

four tinsel (and straight-through cable without pins)

new customized baskets

coils more powerful (maybe 100mm)

cones with suspensions for more trips

Then I'd do the whole series SA equal to this 8" :)

I plan a future with excellent components ;)

I just ordered an SA-8 v.1 from the SSA store less than a month ago, the order status says "Awaiting Fulfillment". Is there any way I can change my order to wait for a v.2??

Jacob,

Three Quick questions: What box size do you recommend for sealed/ported for these?

How much power can they handle on a daily basis? No SPL Deathmatches, just lots of loud clean bass on a daily basis :).

How efficient are they with 1W? Closer to the SA 8 (80 db) or the SD 10 (86 db)?

Thank You,

JPS

It has a perfect ass.

great looking subwoofer. :)

Jacob,

Three Quick questions: What box size do you recommend for sealed/ported for these?

How much power can they handle on a daily basis? No SPL Deathmatches, just lots of loud clean bass on a daily basis :).

How efficient are they with 1W? Closer to the SA 8 (80 db) or the SD 10 (86 db)?

Thank You,

JPS

From what I've read power handling will be the same, box sizes will be the same but they will do better in larger enclosers and they will be noticeably louder watt for watt .