Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

Anton Miller : 147.3 / One SA-12

Originally Posted by Anton Miller in August 2010.

----------

did some testing with an sa-12 yesterday, and i was amazed at what these little "entry level" subs can do. on with the testing:

Car: 1997 Chevy Cavalier z24 w/sunroof

Electrical: stock alt, yellow top up front, kinetic 1800 in back, 2/0 welding cable all around

Amplifier: One SAZ-3000

Enclosure: 2.7 cube box sub back 6inch aero port firing toward driver side wheel well.

Subwoofer: One Sa-12

all testing done using the midwest spl format, meter on dash with window open, my car typically loses.4-.5 by sealing it up. also the subwoofer was brand new out of the box when i started these tests, i did the tests in the order they are listed. back to back about 2 minutes between burps.

testing results:

144.8 db @ 42hz on 550 watts

146.1 db @ 42 hz on 906 watts

147.3 db @ 42 hz on 1550 watts

147.2 db @ 42 hz on 1760 watts

146.0 @ thug motivation song on 1360 watts

subwoofer must have peaked out at around 1500 watts in this enclosure, but im very impressed with this as the best my BTL can do on 1900 watts was a 148.3 officially this same day.

sorry no pics or videos, i was with a shop owner trying to get him to pick up sundown in his shop. might have convinced him its a very nice product! i will try to get some pics of the TL readout as well as some videos tomorrow or tuesday.

Thanks for your time,

Anton Miller

----------

its a very nice sub! i wouldnt want to go over 900 watts for too long on music, i had it going at 1300 watts for a while there and the coils got a little stinky, but nothing too bad... plus thing box is f'n huge for this sub, just a good comparison vrs a BTL.

Anton Miller

Was the BTL in the same box?

Nice score with that SA!! :D

Edited by Freshh

Any questions would have to go to Anton on it -- but IIRC he used the same box.

I am re-posting a bunch of information from my other forums over here to SSA -- so not sure if Anton makes it over here.

Any questions would have to go to Anton on it -- but IIRC he used the same box.

I am re-posting a bunch of information from my other forums over here to SSA -- so not sure if Anton makes it over here.

Ah it's fine, impressive either way!!

Sign in to follow this