Good mornin' to the good peeps of SSA! It has been a long time coming, with glimmers of hope springing to light only to be dashed by the heavy reality of a struggling economy and a primary producer that declared bankruptcy only a few short months after my largest purchase order to date. I had sincerely hoped that there would have been a revival in the production process, however I can now say with confidence that I will not be receiving my order for the RL-i8's and RL-p18's that I had placed so many moons ago. On the upside, a partial debt resolution is in the works, so I should be able to recoup a portion of the losses stemming from my final purchase order. However, given my inability to source a reliable and timely supplier that will produce my drivers at a cost which would allow me to keep my retail rates consistent with their historical average, I am hanging up my hat and bidding farewell to SoundSplinter as a going concern. Breakups are shitty, but rest assured... it's me, not you! My most sincere thanks to denim, mrray13, oxsign and the rest of the SSA reg's. You guys have played no small part in this li'l art house drama of the online audio world. I plainly could not have done what I did with SoundSplinter, without the SSA community as my primary backing! Big ups to all the folks who have shared their installs with my drivers. It's been a helluva ride, and one that I won't forget! Since I still have a stack of Orphan 8's lingering around, I would like to offer them to the SSA community at a firesale rate, so contact me for details. This is a TC2+ based 8" woofer that simply does not mess around. At $200 it's a good deal, at the rate I'm offering, you would be hard pressed to have this 15 pound USA built driver produced by an OEM in quantity! Don't let the single 6 ohm coil configuration scare you away, just snag a trio of 'em for a 2 ohm load, or better yet, a sextet for 1 ohm nominal! Best paired with 300 - 500 watts RMS per driver. Suitable for sealed, ported, and was in fact originally designed for Sunfire audio's "li'l" home theater cube with a passive radiator, but was rejected due to a magnet stack that was ever so slightly (1/4") thicker than anticipated. Lastly, anyone who posts in this thread is eligible (one entry per person) for a free Orphan 8, and a winner will be chosen at random during the week of November 14th. Shipping will be included for residents of the lower 48 United States, but if the winning shipment goes elsewhere, the winner will have to pony up the dough to make that happen! Qts - 0.405
Qes - 0.442
Qms - 4.778
Fs - 34.289 Hz
Re - 5.25 Ohm
Ls - 12.16mH
Lp - 4.053 mH
Rp - 25.46 Ohm
Vas - 5.031 L
Mms - 214.1 g
Cms - 100.6 m/N
Bl - 23.39 T*m
Sensitivity - 78.44 dB
17mm Xmax
Thanks again for your support, you guys are awesome!