SoundSplinter

This Ship Has Sailed!

Terrible news! good luck in the future Mike!

I too am declaring myself ineligible for a free prize as well for the plain and simple fact that it doesn't feel right to take something from someone who's already lost so much.

I never got a chance to play with a SoundSplinter sub but I sure wish I had. Doing research on the ICON's, Fi's lineup and of course the SoundSplinter lineup is what brought me to this wonderful forum. If it hadn't been for the great thread I read on the SoundSplinter subs on another forum it may very well have taken me much longer to find this place and for that I have to thank you Mike.

Best of luck to you on your future endeavors! :drink40:

Have always eyed and wanted to adopt an Orphan 8, guess this is the time...

Good Luck to you!!

Sad to hear. Break ups are always shitty! Hope things turn around for you soon. But at this price, I might need to start on my doors a little earlier than planned! Good luck to you sir.

Sad to hear about the news Mike :(

SS will indeed be missed. SS is the reason why I joined this board on the first place.

I love my Rl-i 10 to death and I really hope I will be able to snatch up an Orphan...

Its really terrible. I hope you stick around here and possible get back into the industry using a different supplier. Best of luck.fing34.gif

Mike,

Good luck in the future. My rl-ps are still my pride and joy and have been for 5+ years. All of the other subs just don't compete. Best ratio of power, sound quality, build quality, price, and looks period.

Wow this really sucks to hear. I hope like others have said that you will do something else in this industry, as you do it very well. Best of luck to you.

Sorry to hear it's ending at all Mike, much less ending how it is. SS offered great products and you supported them with nothing less than stellar customer service. The values your brought to the industry and your company are far too rare and will be missed.

Good luck on your future endeavors.

Wow, talk about a car audio loss! Mike set the bar so high in terms of customer service, very few, SSA being one of the few, will ever get close. Mike, you will be missed as much as your stellar products, if not more so.

Was it really 7 years ago I took a chance on a relatively unknown company called SoundSplinter and rolled the dice on the rl-p 12 for the wife's car? A subwoofer I still own to this day. A subwoofer, that coupled with Mike's customer service absolutely won me over. Sealed, ported, didn't matter, it produced. Then I got the first rl-i8, signed by the man himself, available for the public. A sub I still own, and use in a small, .17ft^3 net sealed box on my gaming tv/stereo set up. Everyone freaks out when they hear it, and realize it's just an 8. It, like Mike, is just that badass!

Mike, I can't believe this has happened to such a great guy. I hope you get the financial side figured out, and like the other's have said before, I hope you find a way to get back into the business! We, and the business as a whole, will miss ya man! Stay in touch, my email hasn't changed!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

good luck wherever life takes you.

Sorry to see SS going away! I have heard nothing but great things about the quality and CS from SS. I was patiently waiting for an RL-P 18" for my HT setup. I think I will have to get in on the Orphan buy and go that route. Good luck in the future Mike.

Sorry to hear all of this Mike. The whole situation is terrible. What a WOW....FTL!! I've never had the pleasure of owning any SS products but have heard a few setups and was unable to purchase at that time (my loss). It was not just a beautiful driver, but the sound reproduction was outstanding! I've tried to get several friends looking for small installs to pick up these 8's and now at this price.....I may even get one just because for a personal collection. Perhaps, hopfully this is just a bump in the road and another opprotunity will show itself. Maybe you'll be able to stay within the industry and pass on your knowledge along with the above and beyond CS you're known for. It's a sad day for the "good guys" in the industry :(

Best wishes to you and whatever the future holds for you.

Sorry you had to close up shop Mike. It is a shame that the choices for quality audio products seems to be getting smaller and smaller. Best of wishes to your future endeavors.

Edited by CTAudio

Sorry to hear that.

Really wanted to run a RLP for my HT. Sad day~!

Best of luck to you Sir. From the comments I have read in this post, I have no doubt you will persevere and find success no matter what you decide to do going forward.

:drink40:

Sorry bro life is tuff sometimes.

Sad to hear about a great company, and owner having to call it quits. I never personally used any of the products, but with the glowing reviews that are given by Denim, i cant help but know with certainty that the products were top notch. I hope that if you have plans for a comeback that things will go well. Best of luck in the present and future!

Sucks to see a top quality brand go down like that. Best of luck to you, hope you can stick around SSA ;)

I will have to say this as it has been on my mind for a long time .Years ago as many here have bought and used TCsounds subwoofers .For small time period of time they were one of the top notch products to beat .But then the whole bankrupsy thing was rather a sad affair .Truly a circus ! The bad thing being dependant on an OEM is if they go down or the quality changes or they cant come through that it effectively kill's your buisiness . You can't keep going on promises and agreements that never seem to be fulfilled or at least in the right time .

I think with the economy the way it is heading that Even some OEM will face some very rought times and some will fall through the cracks .Many companies are coming out with economical subwoofers that are more affordable or they are lowering thier prices .They have names like hardtimes, economy series, etc,e tc, etc. I know personally because im older now that im not buying subs that can handle 2,000 plus any more . The amount of equipment i bought i surely could have bought a new car with by even todays priceing . Amazing how with age that priorities change in life .What was important then is no longer important today . But i still have rocking system and while it doesnt set off car alarms or kill birds when i drive by in the earlier times ,I still do enjoy good quality sound in much lower volumes .

While im sad that Soundsplinter is going away they are not the last.Heard Image Dynamics was in trouble too . But Mike is a buisines man and i know he has others way to make money so when one door closes another one opens in time . Only the strong survive in competitive market and those that come out with decent quality and have it affordable and with great customer service will make it those that dont will meet the fate that many have fell before them .

We all hope everything goes well for you in the near future man. Hopefully the light at the end is still visible. Those are some beautiful drivers you produced, I'm sure they had nothing on what was to be produced. Good luck with what ever direction you head.

Well this is never a great thing to see but life takes it's turn wherever that maybe and I hope the best for you and your family

Sad too hear. I hate seeing American businesses having to close their doors. I've never had the pleasure of dealing with you personally, but with all of the support and positive comments stated here about your product as well as you personally, you should rest assure that whatever your next venture is, you will continue to spread joy to, and gain respect with, those individuals you come in contact with. And as cliche as it sounds, when one door closes, another opens up. Pursue whatever it is in life that drives you and makes you happy. Keep your head up, with the great things everybody here has to say about you, your future is bright!

It's sad to see you go, I have never had the pleasure of using any of your gear, although I was close on a few occasions but something always came up. I can only hope that whatever you decide to do next, you take on with the same passion as I have seen you show for Soundsplinter, and your customers.

In parting, may I just say that I hope that Thilo gets the worst case of scrotum acne possible, and is allergic to all remedies for it. Shame on him for causing a good company like Soundplinter to fold.

To be fair, it's not all on Thilo. While I would have preferred clearer communication, his family got hosed on this ordeal as well. They brought some people on towards the end that made a big push to take the company in a different direction. In hindsight, it would seem that these last ditch efforts pursued by those 11th hour hires really ended up being the nail in the coffin for TC Sounds as it once was. I don't believe Thilo knowingly took advantage of me. Desperate times call for desperate measures and ultimately, we all make mistakes.

But on a more positive note, I am quite simply overjoyed by the outpouring of love in this post. Thank you guys, so much! Demin, my god man, I might need you to speak at my wedding or something (not that I have a wedding planned). My experience here has all been incredibly worthwhile; even with the turmoil, the successes of SoundSplinter have outweighed any failure. This community is just amazingly kickass. =]

Looking forward to future business ventures from you Mike

It'll be slow going to begin with, as I work through the licensing and infrastructure build out while perfecting my methods, but here's a li'l sneak peak at what I'm working on: http://www.liberale.com :drink40:

While it isn't audio related, I think it's something that a lot of us can get down with! :woot:

Keep it real my friends. Do what you do and remember, the time is always right to do what's right! :bigok:

Edited by SoundSplinter

Can't wait to try out the new brew! :drink40: