SoundSplinter

This Ship Has Sailed!

Sweeet! Thanks a lot Mike! I'm super excited guys thanks! :)

How did I win lol?

Edit: Just looked back and saw the part where a post was an entry. I either over looked it or completely forgot about it. My post in here was not with the intention of winning a sub, but to say farewell to an awesome company and a great guy. Winning the sub was just a really nice bonus!

I think you should do a box build dedicated to to the sub and Mike. :)

This^^ will definitely happen. Just have to think of something cool and "different" to do.

This^^ will definitely happen. Just have to think of something cool and "different" to do.

Sweet!

How did I win lol?

Edit: Just looked back and saw the part where a post was an entry. I either over looked it or completely forgot about it. My post in here was not with the intention of winning a sub, but to say farewell to an awesome company and a great guy. Winning the sub was just a really nice bonus!

:lol2: Haha, that's awesome! :fing34:

Congratulations Rick, can't wait to see what you guys come up with for this one.

Congrats!!! Little Orphan will be adopted by an Alerion Enclosure!!

We'll do something worthy of such an awesome sub!

Horrible news. I heard great things about the rl-p's for years. I always thought at 150 they were a steal. im kicking myself for not buying a pair when i had the chance. those orphan 8's look nice. ill have to give some thought on how to give 2 of them enough room in my regular cab silverado..

Congrats. I'll be watching for this build. :popcorn:

I think I might just have to break the bank and buy one of these... Curious as to who built these for you, were they built by tcsounds? or audioque?

If you decided to send me one for free, i'd promise to love it everyday :D.

They were built by TC, think of it as the RL-i 8 (sans shorting ring and cone style) that people have not been able to buy for a long time. Really a crazy steal, worth it to figure out a way to use a 6 ohm coil. :)

They were built by TC, think of it as the RL-i 8 (sans shorting ring and cone style) that people have not been able to buy for a long time. Really a crazy steal, worth it to figure out a way to use a 6 ohm coil. :)

Aaron, you know I have a love affair with TC sounds... my checking account hates when I see her at the bar and spend too much money on her.

I loved my OEM 10"s

I think I might just have to break the bank and buy one of these... Curious as to who built these for you, were they built by tcsounds? or audioque?

They were built by TC Sounds for Sunfire Audio's home theater passive radiator cube with integrated plate amp. Rumour has it that the drivers came in 1/4" taller than the initial spec, and since Sunfire had already built the enclosures, they rejected the production. I swooped in to snag them at a discount and am now offering them here in like kind. Seriously, at $89 + shipping, you will not find a better 8" driver, period. Quite a few of these have shipped out over the past couple of weeks, but I have about 20 left. Remember, you can wire a pair together in parallel for a 3 ohm load, three for a 2 ohm load, or six for a 1 ohm load! These eights do not mess around, and honestly if I wasn't trying to clear up space in my house to pursue my other hobbies, I wouldn't dream of selling them so cheap.

Edited by SoundSplinter

They were built by TC Sounds for Sunfire Audio's home theater passive radiator cube with integrated plate amp. Rumour has it that the drivers came in 1/4" taller than the initial spec, and since Sunfire had already built the enclosures, they rejected the production. I swooped in to snag them at a discount and am now offering them here in like kind. Seriously, at $89 + shipping, you will not find a better 8" driver, period. Quite a few of these have shipped out over the past couple of weeks, but I have about 20 left. Remember, you can wire a pair together in parallel for a 3 ohm load, three for a 2 ohm load, or six for a 1 ohm load! These eights do not mess around, and honestly if I wasn't trying to clear up space in my house to pursue my other hobbies, I wouldn't dream of selling them so cheap.

If I didn't have a bills + holiday shopping going on right now i'd be all over these...

I'm just hoping that when some cash clears up you still have 2, I think I have an idea of where I want to put them for a stealth enclosure... What's the mounting depth on these?

Diameter of the magnet and mounting depth please. I know it says you are out of buisness and I am sorry for that but I would like to help you out by picking some of these up. Says you had about twnty left and I know that was a while ago. Let me know please what a total cost would be for four of your great subs shipped to 82001. Many thanks

That sucks to see another hardworking small business go under.

Best of luck to the owner.

I never got the opportunity to use any of your products but ive always heard good things about SoundSplinter and held them as a respectable and reputable brand. Good luck to you in the future. :fing34:

First class product (still in use almost 7 years later), and a first class guy. I had many many questions after I purchased my sub from you, and had some complications from a shipping error from fedex. The quality of your product and the service you delivered was second to none, and has made it so I have had a difficult time parting with this sub, because I know that I will have a very difficult time finding the quality and service at the price point that you offered. Mike, it saddens me that this has happened, but I wish you luck in your future endeavors. If you attack your next venture the way you handled your business with Soundsplinter, you will be successful, without a doubt. It was refreshing dealing with someone who actually gave a crap about the customer.

any drivers left period?

I know its an old thread. Sucks this went down. I loved my RLi-10s