Sign in to follow this  
Skar

Perhaps to gett it back on topic you could answer my question. Your ignoring it is what is causing this to derail.

M5,

I don't know what your question is aimed at that I haven't answered already - I'll take another stab at it...

Since ever considering releasing an amplifier line we have searched among different build houses internationally and domestic to find the best engineers, build quality, track record, etc. When we finally decided on what is now our build house in Korea, we started working directly with their engineers - we sat down (although not literally in the same location :P) to collaborate and build amplifiers that were extremely powerful but also reasonably priced. The engineers over there came up with a few different designs which we then reviewed and selected to come up with the current prototype board design. I then went further and modified several components on the board including the MOSFET's and Transistors so that they now an even better grade (A little overboard). So working hand in hand with their engineers we came up with these prototypes (800W & 1500W).

While having knowledge of the electrical components that make up an amplifier, it was there engineers we had to work with to design the PCB for maximum efficiency, etc - I find that there engineers have an unmatched knowledge for this portion of the design, and then I can match that design up with what my desired end results are to make the modifications needed. Putting together our combined efforts for the final design is what gave us these prototypes which should be great performance at a reasonable consumer price.

Kevin

So the answer was nothing. Makes sense I suppose. Why would people choose to buy your version of this amp then?

So the answer was nothing. Makes sense I suppose. Why would people choose to buy your version of this amp then?

Far from nothing, but if you fail to see that then that can be your personal opinion.

There are many reasons people choose to buy a brand - Customer Service, Brand Loyalty, Great Product, etc.

We have many customers very happy with their VVX subs that have been requesting for a long time now that they have matching amplifiers to go with. So now, they will have the option of running SKAR Class D amplifiers.

Far from nothing, but if you fail to see that then that can be your personal opinion.

Then what are the differentiators?

Kevin come on, I think most people know that you make a great sub at a great price. But designing amplifiers?

If those amps of yours are protos, then I guess that this is just some amp that you built for another company first prior to releasing yours?

skartwin.jpg

I'm a bit confused by your post.. are you not aware that a lot of amps use the same board?

Its hard to read sarcasm. I think there is alot of that here

Kevin come on, I think most people know that you make a great sub at a great price. But designing amplifiers?

If those amps of yours are protos, then I guess that this is just some amp that you built for another company first prior to releasing yours?

skartwin.jpg

I'm a bit confused by your post.. are you not aware that a lot of amps use the same board?

Than what makes them different?

skartwin.jpg

Than what makes them different?

Read post #46

Kevin, this is really simple. Thread is pimping your amps. What & why would I or anyone buy one. That is what everyone wants to know. You can take a wild guess at what everyone assumes. If you choose not to change the beliefs then they'll stay.

So far you've given us:

Customer Service, Brand Loyalty, Great Product, etc.

The first being dubious based on history

The second being ridiculous, but I do realize it happens. Boner buys IMO are dumb.

The third we'd like to hear something about.

I can sit here all day and tell you about them, but you won't be satisfied about what makes them quality amplifiers until I post clamp results, so why don't you just wait till then and let the numbers speak for themselves.

Actually the clamp test is also useless, what is important is what is the differentiator of these if you are stating they are so great. Pretty simple actually, all I am asking is what your market position is on the amps. Really straightforward marketing 101 stuff. Again, all I want to hear about is the product. Nothing else.

Sean, of course he is pimping his amps, he's a business owner, and this is his section, frankly you are being quite disrespectful.

So guy comes on internet, posts items for sale. I ask for features and reasons why I should be interested in those items and its disrespectful?

The mess that followed the lack of answers isn't my doing. My question is really very simple. What about the amplifiers makes them something I or someone else on the board would want to own.

skartwin.jpg

Amp looks like it has a similar PCB board, but I can already tell you those MOSFETs are different for one. Hard to say without the board. As most amps come from the same build houses, there will always be similarities between these sort of amplifiers.

Hopefully the price is like half or something like that, to similar items available ....

That would be a positive he could have brought up, since he hasn't don't cross your fingers.

I don't understand what's the big deal about the similarities. Sundown uses/used Zenon based boards, how many other companies used designs BASED off of it?

You just don't start off with nothing, there is always a basis for a design. To start off you need huge amounts of money to R&D something from the ground up, then that would transfer into the cost of the amplifier.

There is no big deal. Everyone here could care less if its EXACTLY the same as X. In my case, I don't even care what X is. The question being asked is why these instead of X or anything else for that matter. As for the "basis for a design" comment, that is only the case for internet based companies and exactly why I am interested here. Kevin hasn't shown he understands T/S parameters which makes the sub design process dubious and if you think amps are easy compared to subs then its time for a math review. That being said, it doesn't mean he couldn't have defined a logical niche that'll have some positive value. I realize you are getting "paid" for your comments, but even still you have to have a better understanding of how the world works already...

these woofer's are underrated at 600 Watts RMS

What does that mean?