Sign in to follow this  
ATF

$600 small budget setup

Hey guys, my friend is looking to spend about $600 on a new setup. Looking to get opinions on what i've came up with so far.. Sub - SSA Dcon 10". Sub box will be custom ported@32hz hoping no much more than $80. Amp kit will be like $80.. Comps will be MB Quart ONX216 which are $110 on woofersetc.. Now i need a 4ch or 5ch that will sufficiently power the comps and sub and needs to be under $200, but if i have to and if necessary, i'll go to $250 and throw in $50 for him for the amp.. Suggestions? His car is a 2008 Saturn Astra hatchback. He's just looking for a little low end and better, powered speakers than stock. Thanks

Custom ported box for $80?

That is cheap and I hate to say it's probably not to custom.

Well i actually haven't gotten the quote yet, but really? How much would a single 10 ported box usually go from any of the custom fabricators on the forum? i didn't think it'd be too much.

Check out some of the pricing they have posted in there sections!

Alerion on the forum charges about $50 for a 1.5^3ft enclosure .. Or so they say.

Alerion on the forum charges about $50 for a 1.5^3ft enclosure .. Or so they say.

I'm not sure where you saw fifty dollars? A ported box for a dcon will run you about 130 shipped (could be a little higher or lower) with our 33% off deal for the next two boxes. You won't find a better box for that price in my opinion.

Thanks, Rick

:ohnoes9: So sorry. I didn't fully read it as the EL sealed boxes were the prices i was looking at.. No biggy, few more bucks for the box..

No reason to be sorry man just making sure you weren't miss informed. I'm going to edit the pricing to make it more clear someone soon.

I'm not sure where you saw fifty dollars? A ported box for a dcon will run you about 130 shipped (could be a little higher or lower) with our 33% off deal for the next two boxes. You won't find a better box for that price in my opinion.

Thanks, Rick

Not a bad price!!

Too bad you were not in phoenix I would have done you one around 80 for buying SSA Merchandise

I have family in phoenix :gift:

Thanks, Rick

Not a bad price!!

Too bad you were not in phoenix I would have done you one around 80 for buying SSA Merchandise

Yeah when you factor in shipping the cost of the box is only about 80 dollars.

Damn shipping. But thanks guys.. Anyone have any input on whcih amp we should go with?

if you friend doesn't plan to upgrade later on, you could get away with 4 gauge amp kit, or piece together what you need. i would check on wire from cadence, just look it up on ebay. i recently picked up some wiring from this ebay seller, http://myworld.ebay.com/audiosavings/?_trksid=p4340.l2559.

depending on how many amps you will be running. (single 5 channel, two 2 channels, etc)

-for example, 4 gauge kit w/ distro's and some 8 guage. , if you run multiple amps you would still need another set of rca's and speaker wire.

-monoprice.com is great, http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10239&cs_id=1023903&p_id=2749&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021814&p_id=2866&seq=1&format=2

for amps, my dad recently picked up a 2 channel aura sound amp from partsexpress. veryyyy good quality amp here.

2 options here:

the first is to just get a single 5 channel amp, bridge the components to the first 4 channels (150rms x 2) and get a dual 4 ohm DCON for a 2ohm load on the 5th channel (200wrms). this option would be the cheapest, and require a cheaper, single amp, wiring kit.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=269-191

second option: 2 amps.

if you noticed, two 2 channel amps are offered. considering how little price difference there is between models, i would get (2) of the rpm 2300's which would give you 150x2 for the components and 450 x 1 @ 4ohms to the sub. In this case you would order the single 4ohm DCON!

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?searchFilter=NEW_AURA_OCT11&srchExt=&perPage=25&sortBy=1&layout=list&page=1&srchPrice=&srchCat=15&srchMfg=&srchPromo=&srchAttr=

also, unless you guys have heard the mb quart components and liked them, i would also look at the aura sound components at partexpress. i posted a mini-review in here

edit: looks like the 6.5 aura comps are sold out.... but i found the mb q's you mentioned for a better price http://www.amazon.com/MB-Quart-ONX216-COMPONENT-System/dp/tech-data/B00375LC7K

you could still go with the 5.25's if you want to save money, up to you.

That's a sweet deal on that 5 channel.

The 2 Aura amps would be my choice. More...possibilities in the future.

Get some good speakers upfront. It's very important.

Good choice for the sub ! A12" would be better though !

I really like Lithium's ideas. The AURA amps are nice, and a heck of a deal right now. Either amp set up would be plenty of power for the Dcon. :)