Punkeyboozter

Big Secret?

It's been a little over a week? :ughdunno: lol

Didn't know we had a secret going on. Or am I just that good at keeping them that I failed to let myself know there is one?

Anyway... SP4s are up. TEAM subs to come :)

Thanks,

Scott

Dammmmn that looks awesome! The fs on the 18!

Didn't know we had a secret going on. Or am I just that good at keeping them that I failed to let myself know there is one?

Anyway... SP4s are up. TEAM subs to come :)

Thanks,

Scott

Good lord, what is so special about the team subs? I want a 4" n2

Dammmmn that looks awesome!

What u mean? My phone aint showing any pics

Go to their site

Sp4 mm high power small box sub... Sweet. Now im super confused

Box recommendations aren't that small. Stupid low fs on the 18 though. Looks very cool.

Hey scott,

How do they compare to the n2 in all regards incl the weight?

Thx

much heavier than neo..

I think I will have to get an "SP4 vs ...insert Fi sub here..." post going, but Ill summarize here too.

SP4 Heavier

SP4 More mounting depth

SP4 4" coil vs 3" on N2

SP4 10" spider and higher mechanical linearity than N2

SP4 More long term thermal stability

SP4 Sealed capable vs N2 ported only

N2 More motor force

N2 Inductance ring that balances the inductance swing better

SP4 Slightly lower overall inductance than N2

N2 Well... its cool because its Neo

N2 It's expensive because its Neo (and constantly increasing in cost)

SP4 Slightly higher Xmax (coil limited)

SP4 Lower FS for those that think it matters

In general we created the N2 as the replacement for the older generation BTLs. We have seen the direction people are going with the BTLs and arranged the N2 specs to be closer to intended applications (huge, deep hitting, daily setups). Then creating the N3 to fill the void for the high motor force applications like extreme SPL or simply those that like that "sound".

The SP4 pushes things a little further in the daily driver direction. While the N2s have proven to work well in 4th orders, they simply don't in sealed. The SP4 does just that, and a little better than the N2 in 4ths. It still works great in ported, with the ability to have a heavier peak down low as well.

In testing it is a very solid sub that can take quite a bit of abuse. While not needed (none of the original test drivers we built had it) we do have the option for spaced spiders (2 on the top and 3 on the bottom) with a 1" ring between. In this configuration we have hand sewn on leads in between the spiders. In its standard configuration with 5 spiders and the gapped cone, it is a very stable platform (not a triple jointed sub. The cone is spaced about 1.125" from the top of the spiders. This stabilizes the coil better than the standard triple joint and is what we are doing on the standard versions of the SSD, Q, and BL drivers now).

I think the SP4 is in keeping with the times and applications people are heading towards. High excursion, stability, and thermal power handling... albeit at a cost of weight and depth over the N2 series.

Team subs :woot:

:dancing:

hell yeah ! i want 4 18's please ....

wheres my team fi application ? :wavey5:

Box recommendations aren't that small. Stupid low fs on the 18 though. Looks very cool.

Read your quotes about Fs and was expecting something in the mid-teens. I wouldn't call mid-20's "stupid low", especially for an 18". Sure it's much lower than the typical SPL oriented driver with an Fs in mid to high 30's, but hell I have a pair of 8" mids with an Fs of 27hz, and a 12" that has an Fs of 20hz.

Looks like a nice driver though. More sealed oriented than a lot of the other higher power handling subs, also looks like it'd make a nice sub for HT in a LLT enclosure.

What is the Le on the SP4? (since you mentioned it's overall value is lower than the N2 and you don't publish Le on the website).

yeah in my haste saw the seaLED Box specs

It adds coil linearity.